Can LeShun Daniels redshirt?

hawkfarmer

JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING.

But I'm just curious why they gave him 6 touches against MS not to use him this game. I hope he doesn't sit there and waste a year of eligibility for 6 touches. Just my thoughts. Maybe he gets more reps as he gets more seasoned and into the B1G season.

Side note: How nice would it be to see Melvin Gordon in an Iowa uniform?

I think they held him out because of the hostile environment, maybe not picking up a blitz blocking assignment because ISU was going to blitz alot, and if ISU thinks it is not a pass when Daniels is in the game then that is too much of a tell.

I hope against West Mich and Minny weisman can have fewer carries and get Daniels and canzeri more carries. At home against W Mich with the quiet crowd on offense Daniels should get a few carries.

Jon, I'm not sure my coffee has kicked in yet, but are you saying it is still possible for Daniels to redshirt if we gets no touches vs WMU?

Jon, I'm not sure my coffee has kicked in yet, but are you saying it is still possible for Daniels to redshirt if we gets no touches vs WMU?

It's not possible.

I expect Daniels to take a large chunk out of Weisman's workload this weekend, at least until the 4th quarter if it's close.

I also expect to see more passes. They can always go back to the ground & pound in the second half if needed but I expect to see them work a bit on the passing game this week.

I think they held him out because of the hostile environment, maybe not picking up a blitz blocking assignment because ISU was going to blitz alot, and if ISU thinks it is not a pass when Daniels is in the game then that is too much of a tell.

I hope against West Mich and Minny weisman can have fewer carries and get Daniels and canzeri more carries. At home against W Mich with the quiet crowd on offense Daniels should get a few carries.

I don't think so. This has been a KF MO for a long time. It is the oddest thing with him, since he has been forced to play sooooo many young and inexperienced RB over the last 5-6 years, you'd think he wouldn't think twice about it. Letting ANY RB get 35 carries a game worries me. That can't and won't last in the BIG season, so why subject him to so many hits in the 4 non con. games?

It's not possible.

I expect Daniels to take a large chunk out of Weisman's workload this weekend, at least until the 4th quarter if it's close.

I also expect to see more passes. They can always go back to the ground & pound in the second half if needed but I expect to see them work a bit on the passing game this week.

I agree that we probably won't see 60 runs again this week. Hopefully we jump out quick, and KF starts rotating in more RB.

No, he's saying that if Daniels doesn't get any touches this week and is healthy there will be more reason to question his use earlier this year and not red shirting.

No, he's saying that if Daniels doesn't get any touches this week and is healthy there will be more reason to question his use earlier this year and not red shirting.

I would never question this staffs' use / lack of personnel. They always play guys that give the team the best chance to win and always play guys with their best, long-term interest in mind and always play guys in the most opportune positions at the opportune times where theire skills / talents, when combined with the situational strategy, are maximized for success.

Thank you, hawkfarmer. That is what I had thought, but Jon was a bit too cryptic for me, so early in the morning.

I would never question this staffs' use / lack of personnel. They always play guys that give the team the best chance to win and always play guys with their best, long-term interest in mind and always play guys in the most opportune positions at the opportune times where theire skills / talents, when combined with the situational strategy, are maximized for success.

Okay, here I do get the sarcasm.

Daniels can only qualify for a medical redshirt at this point, if he suffers a season-ending injury.

Daniels will carry the ball 8 to 12 times against WMU and will be our #2 back (in total carries) for the B1G conference games.

I agree that we probably won't see 60 runs again this week. Hopefully we jump out quick, and KF starts rotating in more RB.

I think we very well could see 60 rushes again this week. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Western Michigan is ranked #113 versus the rush.

I think we very well could see 60 rushes again this week. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Western Michigan is ranked #113 versus the rush.
Correct. They're gonna try and duplicate their dominance in the trenches this week. Hopefully won't need 60 carries, but then again, if they're up big, they should be running the football.

Daniels can only qualify for a medical redshirt at this point, if he suffers a season-ending injury.

Daniels will carry the ball 8 to 12 times against WMU and will be our #2 back (in total carries) for the B1G conference games.

I don't think he qualifies even with a season-ending injury. I could be wrong on that, but I think the NCAA would say that he was healthy and eligible to play all this time so far. The fact that he didn't get put in doesn't mean he's eligible for a medical redshirt.

I don't think he qualifies even with a season-ending injury. I could be wrong on that, but I think the NCAA would say that he was healthy and eligible to play all this time so far. The fact that he didn't get put in doesn't mean he's eligible for a medical redshirt.

I think you are right. 30% of games is the number that is coming to mind on the medical RS. Iowa's game on Saturday is their 4th so they will have played 33% if Daniels were to go down against WMU. Im not at all wishing for that to happen.

I agree with the above poster that said Daniels will be the back with the 2nd most carries from here on out. I hope they move Bullock back out to the slot.

Latest posts