Can Iowa afford to buyout Ferentz contract

That Forbes article has been hashed and re-hashed multiple times on every Iowa message board. Ain't happening.

That Forbes article has been hashed and re-hashed multiple times on every Iowa message board. Ain't happening.

Really, I don't know why we have this discussion everytime we lose a game. It aint happening now. Maybe in 2-3 years if things keep going bad . But right the point is MOOT

They can but they won't. Barta won't fire him after making a bowl game. Id suspect he have to miss a bowl 3 years in a row in order to get booted. So earliest would be 2018.

Its not Barta. When the big money decides it over its over. Ask Lick

Bahahaha- really. Who are this big mysterious people that throw $ to pay people not to work.

Oh, that's right they don't exist... Big TV contrscts exist...money is not a deterrent

Oh god.......not this again!

Oh ya, get ready.....it's just starting.....WTF? Really people.....We can afford it, but it'll never happen...My question is....what happened to being nasty *** football players with emotion, drive, gettin' up for every game like it's your last....Oh ya, we have Cap't Kirk, the non-emotional, gum chewin', over paid, crusty drawer wearing, "hey, I'll just get my paycheck until the money runs out" head of our team.......:mad:

Why does it have to be Kirk? Why can't we try again on the O-coordinator. It won't cost as much to get rid of a more reasonable problem. I know that Kirk has been stubborn and the major problem, but I for one believe that if you get rid of Davis and try someone that has a whole different concept of play calling, schemes, and strategies, then and maybe then could the offense be less frustrating and more productive. Three years with Davis is good enough for him to try to revive his career. It's time to move on and wish for some younger and more enthusiastic of going vertical down field type of coordinator.

Sure, Iowa could afford to buy him out but it won't happen anytime soon. The next couple of years would have to be really bad before that discussion picked up major steam. If Kirk notches 7 or so wins each year then Iowa won't pull the plug. My guess is Kirk rides out his contract. I do hope we can see our program get back to where it was when we were the Whisky or MSU of the conference... Versus being the Minnesota or Northwestern. :)

They can but they won't. Barta won't fire him after making a bowl game. Id suspect he have to miss a bowl 3 years in a row in order to get booted. So earliest would be 2018.

I don't think it would take 3 consecutive years of not making a bowl.

If we were not to make a bowl this year and the next, I think that would be sufficient. That would be 3 out of 4 years without making it to a bowl, which is nearly unfathomable with the plethora of bowls nowadays.

Bahahaha- really. Who are this big mysterious people that throw $ to pay people not to work.

Oh, that's right they don't exist... Big TV contrscts exist...money is not a deterrent

I've got some great swampland in Florida I'm looking to sell. Interested?

But I agree that money is not a deterrent. Iowa's athletic department is Top 15 nationally.

This is 100% true.

90% of people on here have no idea how it works. They can throw all the temper tantrams they want on the internet. It doesn't matter. Iowa is healthy from a money stand point. A lot of the credit for that goes to KF. Big money loves him. Even some poor ones like me do too. I am very concerned about whats going right now. Nobody cares about that. But if the worm does turn it over

Good luck selling out Kinnick next year if this team fumbles to a 7-5 or worse record PLUS an absolutely dreadful home schedule next year.

Good luck selling out Kinnick next year if this team fumbles to a 7-5 or worse record PLUS an absolutely dreadful home schedule next year.

Wow--I hadn't looked that far ahead to 2015's schedule since I live out of state and therefore don't have tickets. It is really not particularly appealing for fans.

Would you say that Minnesota is the best home game?

Oh ya, get ready.....it's just starting.....WTF? Really people.....We can afford it, but it'll never happen...My question is....what happened to being nasty *** football players with emotion, drive, gettin' up for every game like it's your last....Oh ya, we have Cap't Kirk, the non-emotional, gum chewin', over paid, crusty drawer wearing, "hey, I'll just get my paycheck until the money runs out" head of our team.......:mad:

Oh god....not his again :)