Can Ferentz put the 3 TOs he had...

We threw a pick and gave them the ball back with enough time to move the ball. The only thing I see TO's doing at that point is stopping the clock to allow ISU to move the ball even closer. Let's also not forget that we were getting the ball back to stop the half, so after the pick the priority should have been to let the clock tick and keep it a one possession game as they did.

in his pocket at the end of the first half in the CyHawk trophy case? Maybe that's what he was saving them for.
We didn't need a timeout yet. There was tons of time left. The offense had a little momentum going. People around me were crying for a timeout, but I thought the best thing was to let the offense keep going. You can't blame JVB's pick on the lack of a timeout.

agree we were in a position to use the clock to our advantage and get out with at least a fg attempt and them having no time. you use those to's if you dont like what you have called, or to stop the clock for the kick, or you need to save time and didnt get the 1st down.

remember to's in college can be used a little more sparingly as getting a 1st down acts as a mini-to because it stops the clock for enough time to get a play in and adjust a few things. one of the times i wasnt upset with the clock management at the end of the 1st half. yes we could have used them but that could have given isu more time and maybe turns into a td or a made fg. all ifs and not even ifs that were that major. those to's were very minor on the mistakes of the game.

it came down to this...iowa didnt deserve a win, isu didnt even deserve a win...but iowa didnt deserve it more. i was worried it would be ugly from both teams and it was.

i see iowa righting the ship and getting 7 wins though.

so you are saying he should have used them while ISU had the ball.

What game were you watching?

We get a first down around midfield with less than two minutes left in the game and a good time to take the time out and get your team together since you know we are going to run more clock also.

You know, I've been following this thread and it's taken me a few minutes to figure out what the point is. KF should have called a timeout at the end of the first half to tell JVB not to throw the interception and have him think about where he was going to go with the ball. He would probably tell him..."remember James, if you throw the ball to the sideline make sure it is far enough to the outside so only one of our guys can get it...and don't throw it inside and short so the safety can come over to intercept it. Now go out there and get our second touchdown of the year."

It's a really good point, if you have omnipotent powers. Even with these said powers, you still can't impact a bonehead throw.

Latest posts