Campbell? realllly????

I hope u are right that this college i had never even heard of is very good because if they arent, i dont want to think about how bad the hawks are.

Campbell is not very good...

Sorry you are not very good unless you are a top 40 team.

There is no way in heck Campbell is a top 40 team.

Looked good to me, Fran thought they were good, and I imagine the team would agree.....

All a matter of opinion anyway.....

No soup for you.....

news_photo_1255037499_420.jpg

:)

Two days ago they beat chicago state by 7 points. Thats the team we beat 96 to 53. We're simply playing terrible defense. Offense is going to struggle some from time to time with playing a lot of young guys but we should have the talent to play much better defense. Sadly if we played more basic defense and less pressing you probably wouldnt see near as many problems but I think Fran is more worried about setting a good foundation for what he wants out of fully developed players.

I am not making excuses and am disappointed with the loss, but Campbell is no joke. They are athletic, well coached, and play within themselves. They ran their offense and consistently broke us down for easy hoops. Granted, the fact we can't stop ball penetration or rebound certainly helped. If memory serves, they had at least 6 dunks in the first half and probably 12 for the game. I can't imagine them not winning their conference and making the NCAA tourney.

This could probably the worse thing Fran and the program needed right now. Sunday's loss was bad but at least it was to a team the will win their conference and it was at a neutral site. Being out played at home by a no-name school ruins any positive vibes this program was showing. Look for the apathy to ramp up again.

Latest posts