Cam Wilson Rumblings

xXxHerkyxXx

Did anybody catch some of the tweets about Cam Wilson last night and this morning? Some people had said he was off the team then this morning Marc Morehouse responded to a person asking about Cam that "he wasn't" on the depth chart "and now never will be". I wonder what is going on.

FightForIowa ‏@FightForIowa 3h No Cam Wilson (I think he listed in the spring) RT @marcmorehouse: 2013′s first two deep | TheGazette http://thegazette.com/2013/07/24/2013s-first-two-deep/ …

marcmorehouse ‏@marcmorehouse 3h
@FightForIowa He wasn't and now never will be.

Why would he be off the team bc of a PAULA? Seems strange.

This sucks, I'm hoping he was just suspended. I think he would have been the best wr on the team, certainly had the potential. That would be more than too strong of a penalty for a PAULA.

He seemed to be targeted a lot during spring game. Maybe KF will let the cat out of the bag today at Big Ten media day.

ferentz doesn't want to win, every year he kicks the best players off the team. He doesn't want to show up the slow "hard working" guys.

Sounds like he failed too many drug tests from what I am reading.

exactly - one instance isn't going to cause someone to get 'run'. people don't understand that just because something isn't 'official', like a PAULA, doesn't mean that is their only infraction. Just like the two RBs a few years back who got asked to leave and the other transferred.

Sounds like he failed too many drug tests from what I am reading.

If true, good riddance. I was a partier in high school so I understand wanting to have fun. However, once I joined the military I never understood how other soldiers could fail a drug test when they knew damn well we were gonna get tested. Why even try it? It's not worth it. Plain and simple. A soldier failing a drug test can ruin his career. Very similar to college football players only you often don't get second chances. If Wilson failed multiple tests then clearly he wasn't getting the message. Drugs must be more important to him than football. Don't need someone like that on the team.

Todd Brommelkamp@ToddBrommelkamp2h"WR Cam Wilson technically still w/ team. Rumored 2 have left. Ferentz says he's considering his options which is typical this time of year."

Yeah, he gone. What a waste. Look for a James Cleveland type career move.

just looked back at his recruiting page - he had a lot of quality offers - but just ends up being another wash out from Ohio. Too bad for him - some just never learn, or are unable to given their life up to this point.

just looked back at his recruiting page - he had a lot of quality offers - but just ends up being another wash out from Ohio. Too bad for him - some just never learn, or are unable to given their life up to this point.

He had a really good performance in the spring game too. And with Iowa struggling at the WR spot this one stings a little.

and the hits keep coming.... I know we did pretty well with instate recruiting recently, but I'm so tired of crap like this at Iowa. Just ONCE in a while it would be nice to read/hear/see some things that actually convince one that things are turning around for the better. Maybe that pathetic excuse for a season last year has worn on me more than I thought it would, but nothing seems to be going right for Iowa. Recruiting outside the state has been mediocre at best. Good recruits talking about flipping if Iowa resembles anything like they were last year (very possible). KF basically just being KF instead of trying to bring a waning and apathetic fanbase back. I get that you have the personality of a houseplant and you're making bank, but geezus can you generate some excitement around the program even if it's some faux excitement? The program is making more and more people jaded; myself included. Then you go over to Clownnation and they're actually landing kids from places they rarely have. Even more sad is that these kids are blowing up social media about how excited they are to be part of clownnation, and are continually trying to pull other kids away from their current schools. Are any current hawks doing this? If so I certainly haven't heard of any. /rant over

Latest posts