Calling Bob Stoops

WinOneThisCentury

Its the Big 10, its your alma mater, and the facilities are top notch. When the whiney Oklahoma fans start whining about your three loss season...we will welcome you with open arms.

Someone kidnap Barta and water board him until he agrees to end the Ferentz era. After 16 years, we shouldn't be in a 3 year rebuilding program. For those of you who say we are 6-3, and have a chance at a title. You belong on the Cyclone board as your delusion is comparable. 6-3 is all about the schedule, stupid. Show me one good team we have beaten? None. We were physically dominated by a team that lost to Illinois two weeks ago. We lost to Iowa State. Do you know how bad you have to be to lose to Iowa State?

I've enjoyed the Ferentz era and it's high points, but I won't miss the conservative, protect against the mistake, offensive approach. Simply put, we play not to lose...and we don't play young players because KF is afraid of a turnover. It has a profound negative effect on his players.

I would love Bob Stoops to be our coach. I love how his whole family is still to this day huge hawkeye fans. Even if we didn't improve as a program, I would rather be where we are with him. That's just my personal opinion.

I would love Bob Stoops to be our coach. I love how his whole family is still to this day huge hawkeye fans. Even if we didn't improve as a program, I would rather be where we are with him. That's just my personal opinion.

You mean aggressive offensive play calling and using your skill position players as weapons? Taking calculated risks to put his team in position to win? Or putting his foot on an opponents throat when he has them on the ropes...rather than milking the clock with the running game and depending on your defense to stop the other team.

I'd rather watch that too.

Its the Big 10, its your alma mater, and the facilities are top notch. When the whiney Oklahoma fans start whining about your three loss season...we will welcome you with open arms.

Someone kidnap Barta and water board him until he agrees to end the Ferentz era. After 16 years, we shouldn't be in a 3 year rebuilding program. For those of you who say we are 6-3, and have a chance at a title. You belong on the Cyclone board as your delusion is comparable. 6-3 is all about the schedule, stupid. Show me one good team we have beaten? None. We were physically dominated by a team that lost to Illinois two weeks ago. We lost to Iowa State. Do you know how bad you have to be to lose to Iowa State?

I've enjoyed the Ferentz era and it's high points, but I won't miss the conservative, protect against the mistake, offensive approach. Simply put, we play not to lose...and we don't play young players because KF is afraid of a turnover. It has a profound negative effect on his players.

Hum.. hello. A monkey can coach better than this point in time.

I am ready for the aggressive coaching attitude. I thought KF and gdGD would be more aggressive this year with Powell and Smith and two decent QBs but we threw the ball short again on a lot of plays.

You mean aggressive offensive play calling and using your skill position players as weapons? Taking calculated risks to put his team in position to win? Or putting his foot on an opponents throat when he has them on the ropes...rather than milking the clock with the running game and depending on your defense to stop the other team.

I'd rather watch that too.

That is word for word EXACTLY what I mean. I thought I was re reading my own post for a second.

Bob Stoops would come to Iowa in a New York minute and I know this for a fact. The problem is it has to happen ASAP or he will retire at Oklahoma.

You can all that the idiot that is Gary Barta for handcuffing Iowa with Kirk Ferentz for several more years. Stoops won't come here by then and Iowa will have to look elsewhere.

It's no secret that Bob Stoops wishes he would have interviewed differently back in 1999 and waited a little bit to decide on where to go. Iowa is in his heart and he's always wanted to coach here.

Bob Stoops would come to Iowa in a New York minute and I know this for a fact. The problem is it has to happen ASAP or he will retire at Oklahoma.

You can all that the idiot that is Gary Barta for handcuffing Iowa with Kirk Ferentz for several more years. Stoops won't come here by then and Iowa will have to look elsewhere.

It's no secret that Bob Stoops wishes he would have interviewed differently back in 1999 and waited a little bit to decide on where to go. Iowa is in his heart and he's always wanted to coach here.

That's why I want him here and that's why I'm so disappointed he wasn't hired in the first place.

Stoops just got smacked up 48-14 today, by the way. Just thought I'd point that out.

That said, if we're going to make a change at some point, I wouldn't mind seeing Bob Stoops come here.

Last edited:
Bob Stoops?

Implied_facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
Just restating. Stoops boys welcome.

I have a thumbs down stalker...I've made it!!

dude, I saw that and gave you a thumbs up, but apparently, my thumbs up couldn't offset the thumbs down. I guess it's like putting CJ in when we were down 40 points (or whatever the hell it was), it was too little, too late.

Latest posts