Call me a bad Big 10 fan, but...

KKHawk1

I really want Wisconsin (more so Bielema) to lose Thursday. I know with Wisconsin favored by 35, its going to be a tall order. Plus, they stole Gordon last year. I know...I'm a bitter high school girl.

Wisconsin won't lose.

However, I understand your position on this. I'm a Madison resident and I've really grown to dislike Becky Badger over the years. This is a great town, but I hate the Badgers. I would probably root for anyone over them, but I wouldn't do that with any other b10 team. Sometimes you just have to hate a team. It's part of the deal, you know?

That's my point exactly. I didn't used to be like this. I have almost always rooted for the Big 10 team in OOC games, but this year is different with Wisconsin. I think it's because they have all of this hype and I want nothing more than to see them fall flat on their collective faces.

I would like to see them start out 6-0 (including a win over Nebraska) and really get the fans and media all excited. And then have their hopes crushed with two consecutive road losses against MSU and OSU.

Meh, unless we play in the Big Ten Title game it won't effect us too directly if they lose (it would effect strength of schedule a little bit but whatever.) I'd say I'd enjoy a Wisconsin loss to UNLV. It won't happen though.

That's my point exactly. I didn't used to be like this. I have almost always rooted for the Big 10 team in OOC games, but this year is different with Wisconsin. I think it's because they have all of this hype and I want nothing more than to see them fall flat on their collective faces.

I think you took that the wrong way. I was saying I agree with you in a sarcastic sort of way. I guess I should have included some smiley faces.

I just don't like Wisconsin.

Okay, so NORMALLY I'd want them to go 0-12, but this year I think it would be cool to beat them in Indianapolis :) Dare to dream!

I love to see Wisconsin lose. I don't care who they lose to...I love any kind of Badger loss I can get.

I almost always root against Big Ten teams in the preseason. Oddly enough, when the post-season rolls around, I always end up rooting for the Big Ten teams.

In the past,I would root against other league teams in the non-conference(cept vs ND,of course),and then root for them in the bowl season.

The logic was that if Iowa tied for a big ten title,with best overall record as the tie-break(as in 2002,when OSU and Iowa went 8-0,but Iowa lost to ISU), I wanted other league teams to get some losses.

Now, of course,technically, in terms of league champs, overall record is meaningless.
So, my assumption was that I would be rooting for all league teams to win all non-conference games to strengthen the league's image.
Good in theory,but now it is nut-cutting time. In the end, the pecking order for bowls will depend on overall records for league teams....so,if Iowa goes 10-2,(6-2) and loses in the Big Ten title tilt, finishing 10-3, will a 10-2 OSU or Neb or Wis that does not make the title game get a BCS bid ahead of Iowa? Probably. So,in the end, I have to go back to may original formula.
I root for NW,Wisky ect to lose,cept vs ND. Now, I do want OSU to beat cheating Miami,so there are exceptions to the rule.
Tonite? I will hope that Wisky falls on their face,and Wilson stinks.

False.

BCS ranking is one of the divisional tiebreakers.

I stand corrected. I presume you are talking about a 3 way tie?
Did not think about that. And it could very well end up happening this year with Iowa,Neb, and MSU or Mich.
So, back to my original formula..root against league teams in our division. Otherwise, pick and choose,sans ND...always root against them...sorry.

Latest posts