Caliber of Athletes at Bama/LSU

Ha, you don't need much offense when you have a defense like Alabama, it doesn't matter who you put in that game, Alabama still would have won. That defense is NFL caliber. I would be curious how many first rounders that defense produces.

I wonder if Nick Saban missed the memo that you can't rely on your D to win games. Ball control, little risk, play for FG, you can't win games that way. You need to go spread no huddle to win football games.....:rolleyes:

Every year I watch the BCS title game and I am simply floored by the rediculous athletes that these teams in the game have. Last night was no different. The hitting, speed and overall level of play is far, far above and beyond what one typically sees in your average college football game. It makes you realize how far a school like Iowa would need to go to get to that level. The recruiting would have to increase exponentially in terms of getting quality players, specifically in the areas of the defensive line and LBs. KF is a good coach and he has done a decent job at Iowa. However, he is not and never will be the type of recruiter to get those athletes. Maybe the next guy can take a step in that direction.

It has nothing to do with the coach. The problem is Iowa. Iowa, by far & away, produces fewer football players than any other state in the conference. Please, explain to me where the next Iowa football coach is going to get all this talent.

According to Scout.com, Iowa only has three 3* or better prospects this year. In contrast, Alabama has forty-one & Louisiana has thirty-four 3* or better prospects. Ohio has eigthy-five.

It has nothing to do with the coach. The problem is Iowa. Iowa, by far & away, produces fewer football players than any other state in the conference. Please, explain to me where the next Iowa football coach is going to get all this talent.

According to Scout.com, Iowa only has three 3* or better prospects this year. In contrast, Alabama has forty-one & Louisiana has thirty-four 3* or better prospects. Ohio has eigthy-five.

I can't remember where I saw this, but I believe that Iowa was one of the 3 worst states (with a BCS program) in terms of football talent in the entire country.

Latest posts