Calgary Stampeders Game

leiserom

Came up here this weekend. Yesterday was canada day so lots of fun. Went to Stamps game last night and saw Drew Tate play again. Talked to Drew a while ago and we were going to try and get together but that didnt work out. Out to rockies tommorow.

I hope Drew is making some money. Read somewhere $80,000.00 is the average pay and teams only have 5 mil for the entire roster.

Drew is the backup. He is the holder on pats and field goals. The third stringer Buckley(a canadian) is the rush QB. The linemen make in the 80K range. The QB's make more. I dont know how much he makes but its more than 80K.Given the CFL regular season is 18 games they consider it important to have a competent backup. We went last year also. Doubt I can get the wife to go any more as we have taken all the tours she wants. We were on a tour to the big glacier yesterday. Pretty cool except standing on a glacier when it is raining. That was ugly.

All in all it was a fun time. Drew appreciated us coming. We saw some cheap tickets on Westjet for 294 so we decided to go again. Better than sitting in hot Houston over the holiday.

Drew is the backup. He is the holder on pats and field goals. The third stringer Buckley(a canadian) is the rush QB. The linemen make in the 80K range. The QB's make more. I dont know how much he makes but its more than 80K.Given the CFL regular season is 18 games they consider it important to have a competent backup. We went last year also. Doubt I can get the wife to go any more as we have taken all the tours she wants. We were on a tour to the big glacier yesterday. Pretty cool except standing on a glacier when it is raining. That was ugly.

All in all it was a fun time. Drew appreciated us coming. We saw some cheap tickets on Westjet for 294 so we decided to go again. Better than sitting in hot Houston over the holiday.

It would be nice to sit down with Drew over a couple of beers and get his take on Canadian ball. Any idea what he's planning when football ends.

Don't think he has played yet this year!

Happened to be watching a CFL game on ESPN for a few plays out of curiosity. Normally don't watch CFL. The Stampeders brought in Drew for a goal line package. Tate kept it but got stuffed at the goal line. Had forgotten he had gone up there to tell the truth.

I think Drew's dad was a pretty good Texas high school coach and they can make good money, Maybe Drew goes the coaching route.

I thought Drew's step dad was a coach at Baytown Lee but with roots in Eastern Iowa and UNI, and Drew's goal was to be a coach someday, but he needed a complete personality transplant after his time at Iowa.

Dick Olin Drews stepfather was the coach at Baytown Lee. After the Goose Creek ISD added another school Lee's attendance fell(dropped a class). Dick left and went to Lewisville(in Dallas area). After that he was the offensive coordinator at SFA(FCS school) for a year. He is now retired and they live in Kingwood area of Houston. See him now and then. Good guy.

Latest posts