Caleb Williams to Wisconsin rumor!

What a concept. Wisconsin has a 2-year starter in Graham Mertz and they are actually out looking for a better QB? You are not forced to stick with what you already got?
Iowa went out and got a QB for this class FWIW and they have a better recruiting class than WI by a large margin FWIW. These kind of comments have to be made by people who hardly follow college football.

Lol. Even if Iowa was in the transfer market for a quarterback, give us one reason why a decent qb would come here.

Brian's high-powered air attack?
Right? These top guys aren't coming to Iowa but Iowa actually recruits pretty well from the QB aspect. A lot of times they have to develop under the radar guys

but - look, Ricky Stanzi, Jake Rudock, CJ Beathard and Nate Stanley all spent some time in the league.

Carson May is a 4 star by some rankings.... and my friends.... that is Iowa going out and getting a QB they hope is better than what they have.

Lol. Even if Iowa was in the transfer market for a quarterback, give us one reason why a decent qb would come here.

Brian's high-powered air attack?
Dude give it up. By your omission then you should just ask yourself how Iowa gets any QBs then recruits or transfers. A QB does not have to throw the ball 50 times to go to the NFL. Iowa runs a pro-style offense that alot of these guys like. And ask yourself is Wisconsin a pass heavy offense. Everything with the Caleb Williams rumors and Wisconsin are going against everything you have said and you just cant stand it right now.

Iowa went out and got a QB for this class FWIW and they have a better recruiting class than WI by a large margin FWIW. These kind of comments have to be made by people who hardly follow college football.
Its a moot point because nobody transferred but the point was you always look at ways to try and make your team better.

Right? These top guys aren't coming to Iowa but Iowa actually recruits pretty well from the QB aspect. A lot of times they have to develop under the radar guys

but - look, Ricky Stanzi, Jake Rudock, CJ Beathard and Nate Stanley all spent some time in the league.

Carson May is a 4 star by some rankings.... and my friends.... that is Iowa going out and getting a QB they hope is better than what they have.
Exactly they want to develop em within the system. I'd seen that a lot of Oklahoma St fans were pissed they missed the boat on him. He went to a smaller school and that's why they were slow to offer him but his popularity sky rocketed as his Jr and then SR yr got going. He's not a duel threat so much but he's not a statue either from what I've seen in highlights.

If Iowa wants better then Petras next yr then Padilla or Labas will have to leap frog him. They just aren't interested in bringing in a transfer at that position unless it's out of desperation. I doubt they'd say never to it. But our current situation wouldn't be considered that.

My guess is Wisky put their hat in the ring for him and all it'd take is one big booster with NIL $ to get the ball in motion. His next destination will come down to 2 things. Can he play right away on a team that can win and how much $ can he make. If he thinks he can beat out Mertz (why couldn't he?) and if the $ is right then I can see why it's possible. What are his other options besides USC atm?

Iowa if you listen to people on this board...
Ha. It'd be interesting if a big booster tried to make it happen though. What a weird position that would be. Say Hy Vee and Kum and Go came together and said they'd pay the kid twice as much as the highest offer to secure he'd come. Would KF say no? I lean towards he would but maybe he'd surprise us all. But if he did that's what it'd be to me anyway a surprise

Who's to say they didn't put feelers out and no one was interested. Maybe, Labas is as good as what people on these boards want him to be and he is the answer.

Max Duggan
Kedon Slovis

Those two would have been worth "disturbing" the quarterback room for. Duggan stayed at TCU and Slovis followed his girlfriend to Pittsburgh. Too much risk with everyone else. The Incarnate Word kid...I did have some intrigue with him.

Max Duggan
Kedon Slovis

Those two would have been worth "disturbing" the quarterback room for. Duggan stayed at TCU and Slovis followed his girlfriend to Pittsburgh. Too much risk with everyone else. The Incarnate Word kid...I did have some intrigue with him.
I wish we'd have gotten Duggan out of HS... He got hurt I think last yr. But he's fast dude has had some long runs in college. Better version of what Martinez at NE was.

I wish we'd have gotten Duggan out of HS... He got hurt I think last yr. But he's fast dude has had some long runs in college. Better version of what Martinez at NE was.
Just my opinion, but a scrambling QB would have gotten killed behind our oline this season. Now if we're talking mobile QB then maybe, but I think our QB's were hit enough this season trying to operate inside the pocket.

Wisconsin just hired Ravens TE coach to be their OC. Bobby Engram is best friends with Williams’ father. The Badgers’ rivals guy thinks this could be done in the next 48 hours. There was also some smoke that Caleb needed to be enrolled at USC by yesterday if he wanted to participate in spring ball and he was listed in the student directory there

Wisconsin just hired Ravens TE coach to be their OC. Bobby Engram is best friends with Williams’ father. The Badgers’ rivals guy thinks this could be done in the next 48 hours. There was also some smoke that Caleb needed to be enrolled at USC by yesterday if he wanted to participate in spring ball and he was listed in the student directory there
Engram to Wisconsin as the OC has been rumored for some time and that is where the Caleb Williams rumors started. I just don't think he goes there but we'll see.