Caitlin's Nike Deal

NCHawker

amounts to $3+ Million for 7 years. Seems like a lot of money but I think pales in comparission to other athlete's deals. Maybe in line with WNBA. Thoughts?

Couldn't be happier for CC. No one deserves it more than she does.

As a complete aside, how much of a markup on hers and other shoes and products must there be by Nike in order to turn a profit? Clark's $28M is but one of many athletes with whom they have mega-bucks contracts, plus the money they spend on advertising is enormous.

And a question: Given the wild, wild West minimally supervised nature of NIL, is there any prohibition which would keep CC and other players, or the college coaches who make well into 7 figures a year, from donating to Iowa's (or any team's) SWARM to help buy the players needed to be competitive these days?

Couldn't be happier for CC. No one deserves it more than she does.

As a complete aside, how much of a markup on hers and other shoes and products must there be by Nike in order to turn a profit? Clark's $28M is but one of many athletes with whom they have mega-bucks contracts, plus the money they spend on advertising is enormous.

And a question: Given the wild, wild West minimally supervised nature of NIL, is there any prohibition which would keep CC and other players, or the college coaches who make well into 7 figures a year, from donating to Iowa's (or any team's) SWARM to help buy the players needed to be competitive these days?
Even better recruit them into her national commercials even if the $$ are much less.

$28M over 8 years is not chump change. Plus she does get her own signature shoe.

But 8 years does seem like a long time to lock in a contract. If Clark's popularity keeps exploding and if she manages to win some WNBA championships and some gold medals, the sky's the limit what she could be asking for in 4 years.

Oh well, 8 years is not forever. No need to be super greedy now.

I should give Caitlan my investing formula. 25% nasdq index, 25% S&P index, 25% Russell 2000, 25% a mix of midcap, individual stocks, & such. Vary the percentages according to market conditions. For example I am over 30% nasdq at the moment. You don't need to pay an advisor anything. Spread your risk among different brokerages as you grow. Use the good but cheap brokers.

I should give Caitlan my investing formula. 25% nasdq index, 25% S&P index, 25% Russell 2000, 25% a mix of midcap, individual stocks, & such. Vary the percentages according to market conditions. For example I am over 30% nasdq at the moment. You don't need to pay an advisor anything. Spread your risk among different brokerages as you grow. Use the good but cheap brokers.
Are they mutuals, etfs, individual equities, or a mix?

The funds are all etf's. Easy to trade in and out of if needed. I just can't trade out of nasdq as it embodies the tech advance that pays off so well. There will come a time but not yet.

There are a few, less than five, individual equities. I am mid 80's and don't want to put in the time it takes to research a lot of individual equities.

Latest posts