Caitlin Clark Declares for WNBA Draft

Hate to see her go, but it was predictable with Kate and Gabby moving on. My guess is that was a big part of her decision.

I am a bit surprised that she made the announcement now. I thought she would give it more time. Perhaps she's tired of the drama and just wanted to get it out of the way.

Honestly in this case I don't think either move would be considered the wrong choice. She wins either way.
I agree- she had a win-win choice financially, but given there was already some mis-informed criticism out there about the so called "extra year" she had to set the records, this way those idiots will be silenced, and in my opinion moving onward is going to be viewed by many as the high road. She has a unique chance to be one of the best ambassadors for the women's game ever.

Feel bad for the pay cut she’ll be taking.
I dunno .......my crystal ball says there will be some endorsements coming her way. I think that young lady will be doing just fine financially. Certainly a lot better than I did when I was handed my diploma way back when......

Not certain how much Caitlin will make as a salary

Her signing bonus should command $500,000

Caitlin should fill the seats on the professional circuit also

Aliyah Boston signed a 3 year / $233,468 contract with the Indiana Fever, including an annual average salary of $77,823. In 2024, Boston will earn a base salary of $75,792, while carrying a cap hit of $75,792.

Last edited:
Call if $80K/six months of work (low end projection)
League bonuses for making playoffs
League bonuses for making/winning finals
League bonuses for league MVP

Plus, here's a sampling of overseas opportunities...

I am a little surprised by this. I had a hunch she was leaning towards coming back for a 5th year. At the very least, I thought she would wait to see how she did in the tourneys.

I guess she has her reasons. If she would have stayed, she would have obliterated all the scoring records forever. I guess this means she's not obsessing about the national championship.

Last edited:
I am a little surprised by this. I had a hunch she was leaning towards coming back for a 5th year. At the very least, I thought she would wait to see how she did in the tourneys.

I guess she has her reasons. If she would have stayed, she would have obligated all the scoring records forever. I guess this means she's not obsessing about the national championship.
The "purists" would then forever put an asterisk on all the marks.
Leaving now leaves the records unblemished.

What makes Maravich's records all that more amazing is:
#1--no 3-point shot
#2--no shot clock
#3--freshman couldn't play varsity

I dont see no asterick in front of any of the other covid 5-year players. I predict 5 years of elligibility will be a permanent thing less than 5 years from now.

If Clark doesn't use her 5th year now, somebody will break all her records playing 5 years and there won't be any asterick then either.

I thought Clark was leaning towards leaving...had a thread about it. The way she has said things at end of games throughout the year. Although I think there are pros and cons either way....I think she should have waited until the season is over before announcing. Just see how things play out...why the rush?

As much fun as I’ve had watching cc play for Iowa and dominate the college game I’m ready to watch her do the same against the best of the best. She has nothing more to prove in the college game. Last April my wife and I got to see the hawks in person beat SC in the final four. At midnight after the game while eating dinner we made the decision to splurge $2,400 on great seats to the NC game. Memory my wife and I will cherish forever. We’re already indiana fever fans and look forward to watching Clark & Boston play together. Hopefully in person someday if the fever ever come to play the Dallas wings.

As much fun as I’ve had watching cc play for Iowa and dominate the college game I’m ready to watch her do the same against the best of the best. She has nothing more to prove in the college game. Last April my wife and I got to see the hawks in person beat SC in the final four. At midnight after the game while eating dinner we made the decision to splurge $2,400 on great seats to the NC game. Memory my wife and I will cherish forever. We’re already indiana fever fans and look forward to watching Clark & Boston play together. Hopefully in person someday if the fever ever come to play the Dallas wings.
Besides a National Title, I would agree. But, they may or may not happen this year...even if she would have come back next year. It will be interesting to see if the interest will carry over to the WNBA.

Women's Ball at the College Level returns to not must see TV....outside of the East Coast Blue Bloods.