C.J. Beathard gets...

Meanwhile Jake Rudock has now won the 2nd string QB job for the Lions.

The Rudock vs. Beathard discussion has now officially carried over to the NFL. Not that there is any debate about who is the better QB. But now I feel I can root for both of them to suceed in the NFL.

They are going to start calling us "Backup Quarterback U".

I'll take it. A lot of highly successful college QBs have not made the league (at least as a QB). See Tebow, Crouch, anyone from Nebraska...BUQBU dovetails nicely with "and you get to play behind one of the consistently best offensive lines in the country." Better than where we've been, at least.

Meanwhile Jake Rudock has now won the 2nd string QB job for the Lions.

The Rudock vs. Beathard discussion has now officially carried over to the NFL. Not that there is any debate about who is the better QB. But now I feel I can root for both of them to suceed in the NFL.
Rudock's not a Hawkeye. He hated it here and the fans didn't want him either.

I'll take it. A lot of highly successful college QBs have not made the league (at least as a QB). See Tebow, Crouch, anyone from Nebraska...BUQBU dovetails nicely with "and you get to play behind one of the consistently best offensive lines in the country." Better than where we've been, at least.

BOOM

Kind of a typical CJ moment. Shows the great play making ability that he has, scores a TD but than gingerly jogs towards the sideline. Hope he has better health luck in the NFL than he did at Iowa. I'll be rooting for him.

As for JR, good luck to him. I think he's got a far better chance of being a coach someday than a player