Byrd Sightings?

Don't overlook the fact that South Carolina lost to Kentucky the week after. Don't forget they lost to Auburn by 8, which is more points than Iowa has lost by in 3 years!

Most importantly... they average 6 losses per season over the last decade. A good year for South Carolina is to finish above .500 and they will probably have to win a bowl game this year to avoid at least 5 losses.

BTW I think Sydney Rice would have made the NFL regardless what college he went to. I don't think we can give credit to South Carolina for creating him.

Damiere Byrd is a little guy anyways... 5' 9" 155 lbs soaking wet 3 star recruit. Sidney Rice is 6' 4" 202 lbs. To compare him to the ONE NFL WR from South Carolina is ridiculous!

Last edited:
The thing that the South Carolina advocate isn't accounting for ... Soup's track-record. It speaks volumes .... and is arguably better than pretty much anybody elses in the biz. Iowa has Soup ... the others don't.

The thing that the South Carolina advocate isn't accounting for ... Soup's track-record. It speaks volumes .... and is arguably better than pretty much anybody elses in the biz. Iowa has Soup ... the others don't.

This makes me wonder why we haven't pulled in a big time recruit at WR (obviously Davis was a big one, and I'm not complaining about our recruiting), but I'd love to get a guy like Spencer or Arnett to come to Iowa.

Latest posts