Bye Weeks for 2016 Opponents

LGEND24

Something that I discovered when looking at the Big Ten master schedule was that none of our opponents have a bye week prior to playing us. Great advantage to have as "the hunted" this year.

That is good news. In 2014, bye weeks truly did seem to help performance for both Iowa's opponents, like when Minnesota blew out Iowa, and it helped Iowa too coming off its bye weeks, when Iowa blew out Indy and NW.

But that was 2014 when Iowa was 7-6.

2 key differences in 2015 and 2016. 2014 was a double-bye year when everybody had 2 byes, so it seemed like every single game involved at least 1 team coming off a bye. Plus the BigTen only had 12 teams in 2014, which also increased the chances of playing a team that just had a bye.

Personally, I hate the double-bye years, it's causes too many off weeks in October which is the idea month to actually play football. I like the single-bye seasons much better.

Get rid of bye weeks, I hope the schedules settle down after going to 9 conf games so there or no byes or only one bye

I'm pretty sure the bye week has an opposite effect on most teams. (Meaning must teams actually play worse after a bye - contrary to what logic would suggest). I think Miller and Deace talked about that last fall. Just tossing that out there...

Latest posts