Bye Week - Who are we rooting for?

ssckelley

No Hawkeye game this weekend so I'm going to need to get my college football fix watching other games. Who do we want/need to win in these other Big Ten games tomorrow?

11 am games:
Northwestern at Michigan (FOX) - I hope Michigan blows out the Kitties
Illinois at Pedo State (ABC) - Screw PSU, go Illinois!

2/2:30 games:
Wisconsin at Purdue (BTN) - Part of me wants Wisconsin to win to pin another lose on Purdue but, OTOH, Purdue winning would give me more confidence Iowa wins next Saturday. I think I lean towards Purdue winning, it makes the loss more legit and Iowa just needs to take care of business to win the West.
Maryland at Minnesota (ESPN2) - Go Terrapins

6:30 game:
Ohio State at Indiana (ABC) - I'm rooting for the upset, go Hoosiers.

Thoughts?

No Hawkeye game this weekend so I'm going to need to get my college football fix watching other games. Who do we want/need to win in these other Big Ten games tomorrow?

11 am games:

Wisconsin at Purdue (BTN) - Part of me wants Wisconsin to win to pin another lose on Purdue but, OTOH, Purdue winning would give me more confidence Iowa wins next Saturday. I think I lean towards Purdue winning, it makes the loss more legit and Iowa just needs to take care of business to win the West.

Thoughts?
I like all of your choices.

11 am games:

Thoughts?

Like all Big 10 games one of the main rules for cheering for teams is to have East Div teams beat our West Div rivals when they play each other.

So based on that I want PSU to clobber Illinois, as you said Mich to clobber jNW, and Maryland to beat Minny. Minny only has one loss and needs a couple more. Illinois and jNW will probably not be very high in the standings but it will be nice to see them get clobbered and drop their heads a bit.

OSU vs Indy I really do not care. And Indy win would add to Iowa's strength of schedule though so should pull for Indy.

Now the final game/matchup is a tough one, Wisky at Purdue.

First off the Iowa at Wisky game is almost a must win for Iowa now as Iowa does not have much wriggle room in the loss column. Purdue will probably not be favored against OSU and MSU and if they lose those they will have at least 3 losses in the Big.

Right now I think Wisky is on a mission to run over people and have Mertz throw as few passes as possible and win with their defense. If Wisky beats Purdue and Iowa they could win out and win the West with 2 losses.

For those two reasons, I want Purdue to beat Wisky to give Wisky a third loss and keep Wisky from winning on the road (which is my other big rule in that only the hawks can win on the road and most times our rivals who are road teams need to lose).

Wisky with a 3rd loss and Purdue hoping to have 3 losses after playing OSU and MSU might give Iowa some leeway. Earlier this week on another thread I wanted Wisky to beat Purdue but no longer as I forgot Purdue had some other tough games upcoming.

I think that is spot on the big one is minny to go down

11 am games:

Thoughts?

Also, now is the time for us to root for Nebraska to beat our West rivals but not the Hawks. Nebby has 4 losses and Iowa will need to beat them which would give them a 5th loss. And NEbby plays OSU yet.

But Nebby also plays both Wisky and Purdue (Nebby just shit the bed against MInny) so it would be great for Nebby to beat both of them.

Like all Big 10 games one of the main rules for cheering for teams is to have East Div teams beat our West Div rivals when they play each other.

So based on that I want PSU to clobber Illinois, as you said Mich to clobber jNW, and Maryland to beat Minny. Minny only has one loss and needs a couple more. Illinois and jNW will probably not be very high in the standings but it will be nice to see them get clobbered and drop their heads a bit.

OSU vs Indy I really do not care. And Indy win would add to Iowa's strength of schedule though so should pull for Indy.

First off the Iowa at Wisky game is almost a must win for Iowa now as Iowa does not have much wriggle room in the loss column. Purdue will probably not be favored against OSU and MSU and if they lose those they will have at least 3 losses in the Big.

Right now I think Wisky is on a mission to run over people and have Mertz throw as few passes as possible and win with their defense. If Wisky beats Purdue and Iowa they could win out and win the West with 2 losses.

For those two reasons, I want Purdue to beat Wisky to give Wisky a third loss and keep Wisky from winning on the road (which is my other big rule in that only the hawks can win on the road and most times our rivals who are road teams need to lose).

Wisky with a 3rd loss and Purdue hoping to have 3 losses after playing OSU and MSU might give Iowa some leeway. Earlier this week on another thread I wanted Wisky to beat Purdue but no longer as I forgot Purdue had some other tough games upcoming.

I can’t ever root for Pedo State and, besides, Illinois doesn’t have a realistic chance at winning the West anyway.

Also, now is the time for us to root for Nebraska to beat our West rivals but not the Hawks. Nebby has 4 losses and Iowa will need to beat them which would give them a 5th loss. And NEbby plays OSU yet.

But Nebby also plays both Wisky and Purdue (Nebby just shit the bed against MInny) so it would be great for Nebby to beat both of them.
You are freaking nuts, that means they would be playing for their 6th win against us. We want Nebraska to be 0'fer. We don't want that...

You are freaking nuts, that means they would be playing for their 6th win against us. We want Nebraska to be 0'fer. We don't want that...

Dont you think the hawks can beat everyone on their schedule? I think they can beat all the last 5 teams. Iowa still can give Nebby a big L.

I would rather see Nebby win a couple games and help Iowa get to the Big Champ Game

If Wisky wins it prevents a 3 way tie where the tiebreaker goes to Minnesota even if Iowa beats them in the event Iowa doesn't win in Madison but wins the rest of their games, provided Perdue can beat MSU.

So I vote for Wisky to win, and the east teams to win if possible against the west.

Yup

Never can root for Nebby to win or PSU, no matter how it helps us. Purdue winning would make me feel better about last week and give Wiskey another loss. Minny losing would be great, Minnesota, another team I can't ever root for. Last week I rooted for a sinkhole to develop when Frosty and Fleckles shook hands. I wonder who would eat each other first if they were stuck over 24 hours together underground. Or if they would just somehow combine together and form some slimy petulant mutant hybrid that liked strippers and scrapbooking.

Last edited:

Latest posts