Bye Bye Top 10 ranking

Well we were 10-24 from three last night, above our season average in terms of percentage.

I guess our threes don't count when CJ isn't shooting them. We did exactly what I feared we would do; play better (especially Wiesy) and still come up a little short. That's life in the B1G baby.

BTW I love Toussaint, Ulis and Perkins on the floor at the same time. They have the quickness to deny the ball. Add Murray, Nunge, CJ and the two Mac's and that's a solid eigjt man nucleus for next year. Even if Wiesy leaves.

But that's another story for another year. We have enough to worry about with J Bo'S inconsistency and Garza's sudden foul issues.
Garza's foul issues were from an over-zealous bunch of zebras that seemed to be overwhelmed by the game. Two of his fouls were strait-up, hands up that are rarely called on Garza (especially on the player of the year hopeful) and he had one dumb foul. Considering the collisions in last night's game they were really out of place.

Doubt this team all ya want but I don’t get it. This teams really good. They’re as poised today, the same they were yesterday to make a deep run in the tournament. Last night didn’t prove anything. Why are we trying to write their future before it happens? They aren’t even remotely out the conference title hunt, not with the games they have against the teams in the upper half. Iowa can stil go deep in the tournament. They can still win the BTT. All their goals are still in front of them. Michigan is gonna have to play a pretty brutal stretch when they come back, having to fit in 5 extra games and every single night in the Big Ten, teams can lose. It’s unpredictable. If you are truly an Iowa fan, why wallow? This seasons awesome. We’ve been in the top 10 all fucking year. They have so many big games left, chill.
Agree, everything is still open, the problem is PG right now, especially defensively. Teams are penetrating and passing against us and we don't have an answer with our first team. Fran had to take JBo out much of the game because he can't handle the other team's guards defensively. With no penetrating guard of our own we are settling for jump shots if we can't get Garza the ball. When we do get him the ball it's not where he is most effective with it. I don't know the answer, Conner is efficient but slow, Joe T is still wildly out of control and takes too many chances on steals and gets burned. Hopefully CJ gets back to relieve the pressure with his excellent all around game in that he can bring the ball up, rebound, interior pass, drive to the hoop, and of course shoot the three. I really think without him Iowa struggles. One thing for certain, every game will be a dogfight.

Maybe 11 or 12 now. Looking more Sweet 16ish. Probably a top 5 finish in the Big Ten if Franuary does not happen.
When JBo is shooting well and moving well, Iowa is a top ten team, when JBo looks like he did the last two games Iowa is a top 20 team. (a healthy CJ would help)

Did not read the thread.

It is obvious that this team goes where JBo takes us.

Every team will go through a slump, maybe not Michigan for covid reasons. But it is what it is.

We will be a 2 or 3 seed in the B1G tourney and win it. Then win a Natty.

Tney
Wait so other teams are losing too? What? Whacky
They are, and the Badger boards are on fire.

They wish their team could score 75 points once in a while. Like, you know, Iowa. I was in a bar in Cuba City after our high school game yesterday and (gleefully) watching Bucky's latest shit show, and against a team that is no Illinois. They are not happy with Gard.

I reminded them that I am the fan of a team that routinely gets into the eighties and nineties and still occasionally loses. I would take Bo Ryan's 68-63 wins any day of the week over 94-88 losses. Of course 94-88 wins are fun to watch as well.

BTW, one of the ranked teams that went down was Virginia. VA Tech actually handled them rather easily based solely on the final score. Cordell Pemsl plays for Tech. Except that, according to recent box scores, he hasn't.

Don't know whats going on there., but am obviously aware of his injury history.

#6 Net rankings

Which projects to a 2 seed in the tournament. I will look at will at the various bracketologies(not a word or bad grammar on my part) to see what the 15(s) look like.

Imo, I think they will eventually end up being a 2.

Clark Kellogg listed his 1 and 2 seeds at halftime of the OSU vs. MSU game. I may not have the order exactly right. But the takeaway is he said these 8 teams have separated themselves from everyone else...Zags, BAY, VILL, HOU, MI, TX, IL and IA.

Side Note - MSU is terrible...currently only better than NE IMO.

Clark Kellogg listed his 1 and 2 seeds at halftime of the OSU vs. MSU game. I may not have the order exactly right. But the takeaway is he said these 8 teams have separated themselves from everyone else...Zags, BAY, VILL, HOU, MI, TX, IL and IA.

Side Note - MSU is terrible...currently only better than NE IMO.
I really like the MSU is terrible part. Its about time the Izzo's played like the Licks

We can officially nix the the title of this thread! I’m glad OSU passed us rather than IL or someone else. They’ve earned it on the court. There was no overreaction to IL winning a toss up game on their home court...simply passed teams that lost.

Latest posts