Bye Bye Bostick

Hawkfnntn

He's not waiting till after Saturdays spring practice he's gone. Open the floodgates. I would suspect he won't be the only WR to leave and probably a RB or two along with who all knows. Iowa shouldn't have a problem getting under 85 schollys I wouldn't think...

I think he had as good a set of physical tools as anyone in that room (combo of height, speed, and explosiveness). Too bad he couldn't put it together.

Surprising one for me. He seemed happy and optimistic about the new offense when we talked with him last week. Maybe he didn't like where he stood with a new OC and WR coach.

Was hearing good things about him before his injuries. It sucks, but I try not to get irritated when people do what they think is best for them. Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised by someone we already have in the WR room that we weren’t expecting

Surprising one for me. He seemed happy and optimistic about the new offense when we talked with him last week. Maybe he didn't like where he stood with a new OC and WR coach.

I thought the same thing. It was a good interview.

I do appreciate the time you take to do interviews.

It’s all Utah and BYU talk on the sports channels out here in Utah. That’s to be expected.

It’s nice to get some sports news from back home.

Bostic likely didn’t see himself getting much playing times. If he had trouble seeing the field maybe he needs to get some new lenses………………. rapid drum roll with a rimshot.

And yes I know the lenses are spelled with a “K” on the end.

He's not waiting till after Saturdays spring practice he's gone. Open the floodgates. I would suspect he won't be the only WR to leave and probably a RB or two along with who all knows. Iowa shouldn't have a problem getting under 85 schollys I wouldn't think...
Bostick never played a game at Iowa. He was injured for two full seasons. I don't see a big loss there.

Very deep at RB so I could see a couple of younger backs wanting more playing time.

Bostick never played a game at Iowa. He was injured for two full seasons. I don't see a big loss there.

Very deep at RB so I could see a couple of younger backs wanting more playing time.
He got in 2-3 games late last year but never caught a pass. He was in the two-deeps and it seemed like he would get some significant playing time. With where our wide receiver room is at present, this is a loss the coaches likely didn't plan on or want.

Yeah this just leaves them 5 deep at a position where only a couple other guys have much experience at all. He has talent and ability if he could ever stay healthy. Just frustrating for an O that's trying to get things turned around to have a guy that's been there up and leave. Whomever we replace him with even if healthy will be pretty far behind with learning the playbook and having any report with the QBs.

I'm not surprised at all. How many WRs has Iowa recruited lately walk through the door on graduation day 4/5 yrs later? Brandon Smith and Smith-Marsette are the only two off the top of my head I can think of. Most transfer in and or out. I find it tough to believe that Budmayr will help with that or on the play production much

Disappointing, but we never saw him much on the field. Weird timing, but it is what it is.

I know Iowa still has to cut some schollies to get under 85, so yes, there will be more departures and/or forced retirements, but hopefully everyone on the Board does not freak out when we start to see marginal names like this come through the portal notices. If we lose returning starters, that should cause some concern.

As for WR, that room will probably get worse before it gets better. Hard to recruit that room right now. Iowa needs some success on O so it has something to sell.

Iowa should look for a Charlie Jones type kid in the portal. An overachiever a level or two down from Iowa. That room just needs hard workers and chip on the shoulder type guys right now.

Disappointing, but we never saw him much on the field. Weird timing, but it is what it is.

I know Iowa still has to cut some schollies to get under 85, so yes, there will be more departures and/or forced retirements, but hopefully everyone on the Board does not freak out when we start to see marginal names like this come through the portal notices. If we lose returning starters, that should cause some concern.

As for WR, that room will probably get worse before it gets better. Hard to recruit that room right now. Iowa needs some success on O so it has something to sell.

Iowa should look for a Charlie Jones type kid in the portal. An overachiever a level or two down from Iowa. That room just needs hard workers and chip on the shoulder type guys right now.
That's about all we can get. Kids from Buffalo and down a peg schools that are overachievers confident in their abilities desperate for a shot at D1. Even though they'll be dozens of D1 kids all over with experience available in the portal they'd all be nuts to consider coming to Iowa.

KF did it to himself he can't scratch his head and wonder why it's so tough for him to get WRs. He's made it so easy to recruit against. Then he goes and promotes Budmayr to be WR coach... He really shoulda just let Lester make that hire and stayed out of it. All Budmayr has done of consequence that I can tell is bring Deacon Hill to Iowa. That's about it and how's that going?

Yep, right now theyre oversigned. That used to be a bad thing. But that's where they are.
Well not so much that but the whole deal with guys taking covid yrs like Higgins and Jackson. I think their might be another one or two as well taking advantage of that. But this will be last yr of it. That'll help with some of the craziness of trying to keep rosters at 85

Yep, right now theyre oversigned. That used to be a bad thing. But that's where they are.
At many positions but not WR, this is a head scratcher. Either somebody made it clear he wasn't going to play or "gulp" he's seen the OL and potential QB's and said "Hell no".

At many positions but not WR, this is a head scratcher. Either somebody made it clear he wasn't going to play or "gulp" he's seen the OL and potential QB's and said "Hell no".
Perhaps similar to Charlie Jones, he went to Spring ball, saw what was happening, and said "Nope, same ol' shit. I'm out".
I was surprised to see 14 WRs listed on the roster. But 11 TEs? Seems a little out of whack.

Last edited:
Perhaps similar to Charlie Jones, he went to Spring ball, saw what was happening, and said "Nope, same ol' shit. I'm out".
I was surprised to see 14 WRs listed on the roster. But 11 TEs? Seems a little out of whack.
It will be interesting to see if Lester thinks outside the box and starts moving TE's and RB's to receiving positions and creates hybrid positions. Iowa has done it before. My hope is Lester can make adjustments to the players he has and not vice-versa as BF seemed to do.

It will be interesting to see if Lester thinks outside the box and starts moving TE's and RB's to receiving positions and creates hybrid positions. Iowa has done it before. My hope is Lester can make adjustments to the players he has and not vice-versa as BF seemed to do.
Yesterday's interview with Lester makes it sound like that is exactly the plan.

Latest posts