Buyout Breakdown

HA that's a week pay you proles. I could give him my paycheck for his buyout and he would owe me money.

Here's a shocking item from the link: Hayden Fry was given a contract in 1992 that paid him $132,700 per season to coach the football team.

Here's a shocking item from the link: Hayden Fry was given a contract in 1992 that paid him $132,700 per season to coach the football team.

SHOCKING!!!

I for one, cannot believe that sports contracts have ballooned out of control in the past 20 years. SHOCKED!

I will need ok4p to verify the figures in the BHGP article before I can comment.

"We've been getting a lot of questions about Kirk Ferentz's buyout ever since the nation's sixth highest paid coach went 4-8, lost to Central Michigan, hired a guy to coordinate the nation's 114th ranked scoring offense, and finished last in the Legends Division of the worst Big Ten in a generation."

Ouch. They do have a talent for summing things up, don't they?

He has earned this contract. I will say that.

That said, the buyout clause is saying he is to be paid a buyout if terminated without cause - isnt the last 3 years a justifiable cause for termination? Or is poor job performance protected in the contract elsewhere that we do not get to see?

not that i am all for getting rid of ferentz. IMO he has earned at least 1 or 2 more years based off of what he has done. The only way Iowa will ever succeed, no matter the monetary cost, is if we get a Stoops to take over or someone that will change the entire dynamic (art briles). no one else will ever be able to do what hayden fry did.

ferentz style works best in an NFL setting - there is a reason why he is 3-1 against SEC teams and that is why ferentz will always be in discussions for NFL openings...and his old cleveland tie-ins.

we are one decent offensive coordinator away from being back near the top. if ferentz really does control the offense like everyone believes (I cant decide if i am or not), then an offensive coordinator needs to be creative with what he does to not only be effective but also work within the confines of the parameters his boss has set forth - why KOK was so effective.

Well, that article should end any serious discussion of KF going anywhere for the next 2-3 years.

Latest posts