Bush to be stripped of Heisman

I wish someone had stripped "W" Bush of his presidency about 9 years ago. ;)

Wow.

You mean there is actually going to be a consequence for him breaking all those rules?

My day just got a little better.

I'm not in disagreement with the Heisman being taken away, but why isn't the NCAA taking away USC bowl revenues and Pete Carroll's salary too.

Why is Reggie the only "loser" in all of this?

lee-corso.jpg

"I can tell you the Heisman Trophy Trust has made no decision regarding the Reggie Bush situation," Robert Whalen, executive director of the Heisman Trophy Trust, told The Associated Press on Tuesday.
Report: Reggie Bush to be stripped of 2005 Heisman Trophy - ESPN Los Angeles

Cheaters. I agree that Reggie shouldn't be the only individual held to account in this whole mess. Maybe ESPN can give him some face time on Gameday to take some of the sting out of it. It worked for Pete Carroll.

I don't really agree with this. Mainly because I doubt Reggie is the only Heisman winner ever to accept gifts in its history. Besides, I don't consider him a cheater. Accepting the money didn't have anything to do with his performance on the field.

I don't really agree with this. Mainly because I doubt Reggie is the only Heisman winner ever to accept gifts in its history. Besides, I don't consider him a cheater. Accepting the money didn't have anything to do with his performance on the field.

Wow, this a great lesson for the youngsters out there :rolleyes:. New lesson on cheating: since others have cheated and gotten away with it without consequences, when you cheat, even if you get caught, there won't be any penalty.

Wow, just wow!

Strip him of the award and take everything you can from the university. The only way to stop cheating is to make cheaters think twice about it.

Wow, this a great lesson for the youngsters out there :rolleyes:. New lesson on cheating: since others have cheated and gotten away with it without consequences, when you cheat, even if you get caught, there won't be any penalty.

Wow, just wow!

Strip him of the award and take everything you can from the university. The only way to stop cheating is to make cheaters think twice about it.

Wow! Just wow! That's all you got? You proved nothing with your little post there pal.

Again, I don't consider him a cheater. Had he used steroids or shaved points or something that had to do with his performance, than I could understand labeling him. But that's not the case. In fact, it was his family that was mostly guilty in this situation. I'm not saying he should be the spokesman for college football. But nothing that transpired gave him an advantage on the football field. If there was no competitive advantage gained, I don't think he should give up the trophy. There is no precedent for it.

Troy Smith accepted money from boosters. Did that stop his Heisman campaign? If he is allowed to keep his trophy, why should Bush have to give up his?

Troy Smith accepted money from boosters. Did that stop his Heisman campaign? If he is allowed to keep his trophy, why should Bush have to give up his?

Because only one of them was not in accordance with NCAA bylaws during the season in which they won a Heisman....which happens to be criteria on the ballot itself. The Heisman has to be stripped and it should be.

Look on the bright side, even if they strip the Heisman from him he still won't be the most disgraced former USC Heisman winning running back.

Because only one of them was not in accordance with NCAA bylaws during the season in which they won a Heisman....which happens to be criteria on the ballot itself. The Heisman has to be stripped and it should be.

I can buy that. Perhaps he deserves to be stripped of it. My objection was more of the 'cheater' label that was being thrown out.

The Heisman Trust is phony. They voted to give Johnny Rodgers the Heisman Trophy AFTER he robbed a Standard Oil gas station.

Latest posts