Bush Leage Prices for kids

I am all for having a kids price tickets especially this year. There was a kid behind me who I had not seen before that absolutely screamed his guts out the entire game. He'd scream, "Steal the ball steal the ball steal the ball" at the top of his lungs over and over. Or, "get the ball inside, get it inside, get the ball inside, c'mon score, score, score!" Or some such thing. Best fan I have ever heard in CHA. I hope that kid comes back to more games!! Beats the Knitting Lady and the readers that's for sure.

Now would definitely be the time to make whatever ticket and seating amendments the University wants to make...I would suggest that kids prices would be a promotional deal but if they want to really get CHA rocking they would make long-term changes to the student section.

Say what you want about Alford but one thing that he did was try his best to bring students back to Iowa games...when I got to the U of I there was no way I could afford season student tickets...Alford then brought the price down to something like $90 for season tickets...I couldn't hardly afford not to go at that price. The year I got my season tickets...Iowa went undefeated at CHA for the first time ever. In addition...IIRC he moved a small section of the Hawk's Nest to the side of the court which makes a huge difference.

I understand that it's all about the money...and taking the fans who pay the least for their tickets and giving them premium seating wouldn't seem to be a logical move. However, as we've seen...the best thing that the University can do at this point is anything that contributes to winning basketball games. It certainly isn't the only reason they win...but watch a Duke home game sometime. Michigan St and Michigan have both done the same with their student sections to some extent IIRC.

I'm sure it's debatable but I feel like when they rearranged Kinnick and put half the student section in the endzone that has probably cost us some wins.

Big Ten weekend games are considered 'Premium Games', so there are no Youth prices. If you want youth prices, take your kids to a weekday game.

I love it when people don't have a clue.

Do you honestly expect to pay less for a Big Ten basketball game than you do for a movie? I pay 9.50 for a movie at the nicer theaters in KC. You're whining about $10 for a ticket to a Big Ten basketball game? I suppose you don't go to the movie, either, and then you ***** about it to people by the water cooler?

I realize the product isn't great right now, and that would be a legitimate reason to *****. But your inference is that $10 a ticket is too much, period, not because they are bad. Anyone ******** about paying $10 for a Big ten basketball game is clueless.

Note to ghost: I tried to construct this post with better syntax so you will not lose any sleep over it:)

Re: I love it when people don't have a clue.

Do you honestly expect to pay less for a Big Ten basketball game than you do for a movie? I pay 9.50 for a movie at the nicer theaters in KC. You're whining about $10 for a ticket to a Big Ten basketball game? I suppose you don't go to the movie, either, and then you ***** about it to people by the water cooler?

I realize the product isn't great right now, and that would be a legitimate reason to *****. But your inference is that $10 a ticket is too much, period, not because they are bad. Anyone ******** about paying $10 for a Big ten basketball game is clueless.

Note to ghost: I tried to construct this post with better syntax so you will not lose any sleep over it:)

I'm pretty sure $10 per ticket was for the wrestling meet. But hey...maybe reading comprehension just isn't your thing.

Re: I love it when people don't have a clue.

Uh, have you noticed that there are more people in the theater than in Carver??

Lowering pricing for kids will get more adults in, no doubt about it. And those kids eat popcorn, ice cream, pop, etc. Empty seats don't consume those items, and the power bill is the same, no matter if the seat is full or empty. How many people were at the Saturday PSU bb game? 7500? Half full? Lots of kids would like to go to the game, like the kid that hooper referenced. We need to be creative and find ways to get seats filled, because the product isn't selling itself.

Re: A question, imported_ICHAWK3.

From a business standpoint, lowering prices for kids is stupid. They take up a seat, which could have been purchased by an adult.

In the midst of rebuilding years, it's hard to accept this, but in only makes sense that kids are charged the same as adults. If it's too expensive, then just don't bring them.

If anything the University could reserve seats for kids and when those are sold out....the full price kicks in.

As far as business goes, I think it would be good business to get these kids in there at any cost...from the "how did you become a hawkeye" thread it appears that positive Hawkeye experiences as a kid have bred a lot of fans...if kids miss out on these experiences they will look elsewhere for their sports entertainment in the future...

I thought there were minor or kids prices at the bball games. Seems there was at the game I went to. Regardless, the game I went to tickets were $15 day of the game. Can't complain about that price. Maybe its gone up because they're into the B10 season now couldn't have gone up that much though. Paying $25 for a kid and I might be irked a bit, especially if I thought it was gonig to be discounted, but 15-20 seems reasonable to me

Now would definitely be the time to make whatever ticket and seating amendments the University wants to make...I would suggest that kids prices would be a promotional deal but if they want to really get CHA rocking they would make long-term changes to the student section.

Say what you want about Alford but one thing that he did was try his best to bring students back to Iowa games...when I got to the U of I there was no way I could afford season student tickets...Alford then brought the price down to something like $90 for season tickets...I couldn't hardly afford not to go at that price. The year I got my season tickets...Iowa went undefeated at CHA for the first time ever. In addition...IIRC he moved a small section of the Hawk's Nest to the side of the court which makes a huge difference.

I understand that it's all about the money...and taking the fans who pay the least for their tickets and giving them premium seating wouldn't seem to be a logical move. However, as we've seen...the best thing that the University can do at this point is anything that contributes to winning basketball games. It certainly isn't the only reason they win...but watch a Duke home game sometime. Michigan St and Michigan have both done the same with their student sections to some extent IIRC.

I'm sure it's debatable but I feel like when they rearranged Kinnick and put half the student section in the endzone that has probably cost us some wins.

Student season tickets for men's BB are $5/game now, so that's about as inexpensive as you can get. They also are letting all UI students in for free for the upcoming Ohio State game, and they are honoring the football team at halftime of that game.

Student season tickets for men's BB are $5/game now, so that's about as inexpensive as you can get. They also are letting all UI students in for free for the upcoming Ohio State game, and they are honoring the football team at halftime of that game.

why not make it $5 for kids then, as well. I just don't get not trying anything to get people in there. And for a family of 5, for example, that is a tough sell. again, empty seats don't buy popcorn. Who wants to pay $25 a pop (i think that is the cost) for a 9/6/4 year old to go to a BB game? it is going to be a LLLOOONNNGGG time before Carver is close to full on a regular basis.

I'm sorry. I've never heard a response from ankle as to where his information came from that "kids prices would be cheaper". Whether or not they should be ( I tend to think it would be OK for them to be) has nothing to do with his original post. Until I do, he has no argument.

Certainly hope my syntex is acceptable chisserwhatthehellever your secret name is.

I'm sorry. I've never heard a response from ankle as to where his information came from that "kids prices would be cheaper". Whether or not they should be ( I tend to think it would be OK for them to be) has nothing to do with his original post. Until I do, he has no argument.

Certainly hope my syntex is acceptable chisserwhatthehellever your secret name is.

The syntax is a little better, but the word choice needs work. You really should try not to use so many prepositions in one sentence.

why not make it $5 for kids then, as well. I just don't get not trying anything to get people in there. And for a family of 5, for example, that is a tough sell. again, empty seats don't buy popcorn. Who wants to pay $25 a pop (i think that is the cost) for a 9/6/4 year old to go to a BB game? it is going to be a LLLOOONNNGGG time before Carver is close to full on a regular basis.
Stop it. You're making too much sense.

Big 10 games are $25 a piece (on weekends anyway). My math says that is $150 for me and the kids. $175 if I have to drage the wife along. Plus popcorn, pop, and mileage. And she likes popcorn.

8000 season tickets sold in a 14K arena is good evidence the price for the product is inflated. 2500 showing up on weekdays and 6500 showing up on weekends says that 1500-5500 have enough money to shred and/or "corporate partners" can't get their employees to take free tickets.

So whoever is cracking on complaints about high prices . . . well get back to me when the CHA sells out. Or how about an achievable goal: when actual attendance equals season ticket numbers.

This thread has been informative as to one of the causes of low attendance. Apparently a lot of people who call themselves Iowa fans are just plain cheapskates who are under the impression that the University has an obligation to entertain them and their families without regard to the cost of the product.

This thread has been informative as to one of the causes of low attendance. Apparently a lot of people who call themselves Iowa fans are just plain cheapskates who are under the impression that the University has an obligation to entertain them and their families without regard to the cost of the product.

As a business owner if I have a product that isn't selling I have to look at my pricing structure. If Carver was selling out all the time, obviously I am pricing my product just fine. If it is not, then for whatever reason I have overpriced the current product. To me you start with a price decrease with children. This for one gives the parents reason to bring the family out, as if they could get the kids in for say $10, and themselves for $25, maybe they then show up and by food and drink on top of that. Also the thing this does is create future fans, who will spend future money on my product. Plus with kids it is about the event of it all.

I think this is more about getting people in Carver, and simple economics tells us that decreasing price is the best and quickest way to do this. I don't think the university has an obligation to do this, at the same time I think it is in their best interest to get as many fans as they can into the stands.

As a business owner if I have a product that isn't selling I have to look at my pricing structure. If Carver was selling out all the time, obviously I am pricing my product just fine. If it is not, then for whatever reason I have overpriced the current product. To me you start with a price decrease with children. This for one gives the parents reason to bring the family out, as if they could get the kids in for say $10, and themselves for $25, maybe they then show up and by food and drink on top of that. Also the thing this does is create future fans, who will spend future money on my product. Plus with kids it is about the event of it all.

I think this is more about getting people in Carver, and simple economics tells us that decreasing price is the best and quickest way to do this. I don't think the university has an obligation to do this, at the same time I think it is in their best interest to get as many fans as they can into the stands.

Nice post...its simple baseball card economics. It might say its worth $25 in the price guide but in reality its only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. The University is apparently happy with getting $0 for an empty seat instead of lowering prices and getting $5 for a person in a seat...everyone says that winning will bring the fans back, but that's not likely to happen on a regular basis for a few years...so plan B, the other way to bring fans back, make it a deal. People are suckers for deals and discounts.

Re: And I guess you're pretty good at name calling, clicheusername3.

It would appear that most of the responses think like me. And last I looked he was complaining because he was told the price was less for kids and it wasn't. So it looks like you don't have very good reading comprehension skills either.

That's okay though, I'm sure you have plenty of strengths somewhere to draw upon for your insightful posts. I don't break the forum rules by calling posters names and I can comprehend a post properly. Those appear to be my strengths.

Fire away, clicheusername3, as we all await your next nugget of wisdom.

You do realize that not EVERY thread has to become an arguement:rolleyes:

Latest posts