Burning Redshirts with 4 Games Left

Burning the redshirt is no big deal.

I'll bet Rogers is dying to play right now. It would suck to be on the sidelines this season, not eligible to play during a run to the Rose Bowl or better.

Who wouldn't want to play right now?

I think Iowa can get by this week with just wegher and paki. The strength of IU's defense is their defensive line. They are a very strong group, very similar to iowa's group. IU's defense is horrible in the secondary. They are not very good and if Iowa can dink & dunk it down the field on short passes, they can get by IU.

It will be interesting to see what the coaches do, I would keep an eye for where they line up some of the guys. I bet we see a lot more screens this week, because IU front 4 and their LB's like to blitz and get up field. Possibly the jail break screen and some TE's screens.

I just don't think Wegher will carry the ball more than 15 times and if he gets hit hard in the ribs, he could be done.

Iowa cannot afford to run Wegher a lot given his physical condition. Keep running him and there is a very good chance he won't be healthy for OSU. Imo, Rogers and/or Brown need to get significant minutes these next 2 games so that another rb is available for OSU.

The redshirt won't be burned if the player is not ready to play. KF woudn't even consider to play a guy if he wasn't ready, redshirt or not. He'd change the scheme ala 2004 before putting in a guy like Rogers who may or may not be even ready to play.

even if we do burn the redshirt we can use it again next year when jewel is back in the mix and we are 3 deep.

even if we do burn the redshirt we can use it again next year when jewel is back in the mix and we are 3 deep.

Who you going to use the redshirt on next year. Jewel, doubtful unless he is not fully recovered. I doubt you redshirt either Robinson or Wegher, You can't use on on Rogers or Brinson as they have already been redshirted!

Who you going to use the redshirt on next year. Jewel, doubtful unless he is not fully recovered. I doubt you redshirt either Robinson or Wegher, You can't use on on Rogers or Brinson as they have already been redshirted!

If they don't play Rogers this year. The only back that hasn't already redshirted will be Wegher. I personnally see Wegher as Tim Dwight. He played RB as a freshman and saw decent action, then moved to slot receiver when it back apparent that he would be fighting Banks for carries the next couple of years.

I don't see KF burning Rogers redshirt unless Paki or Wegher go down. I think KF wouldn't want to diminish Paki's confidence anymore than he might already have, by starting two freshmen over him (not that he didn't deserve to be benched). KF is gonna ride the Paki train as long as he has to. Hopefully no more than two weeks, which should be enough at home against Indiana and NW.

They may not pull the redshirt but it won't have anything to do with diminishing Paki's confidence, I'm guessing when they pulled him after the fumble in the UNI game and he hasn't ran the ball since pretty much "diminished" his confidence.

I think he meant if we burn the redshirt on Rogers or Brown, then you can redshirt them next year with Hampton (and Robinson and Wegher) coming back next year. Right?

i was saying if u burned it on rogers u can red shirt him again next year when he will not be needed anyways, since he will be burried on the depth chart

Next man in, and if that happens to be a true frosh RB then so be it. They can worry about having 5 sophmore RB's next year, next year.

Latest posts