Burn

It's possible, but who jumps them? TCU who beat mighty Kansas by 6, or Oklahoma State who had to come from behind to barely beat the juggernaut that is the Cyclones.

Even if we drop, which would be comical, it changes nothing. We either go 13-0 and go to CFP, lose any 1 game and go to the B1G Championship and likely Rose, lose any 2 games and...well...I don't wanna go there....
We are not dropping..fricking calm down Sally loose pants.

Even though Stanford, Baylor and LSU lost and Oklahoma State looked like crap, with the less than stellar defensive effort, Iowa drops 2 spots from 5 to 7 in the CFP.

The D was bad, but Minnesota basically opened up a new playbook this week. Kudos to them for doing well where everyone else had failed. The rushing defense was still very good and there were a couple plays where the D mixed up their assignments. Iowa barely blitzed this game and the Raider look wasn't used much. After the first half it was very clear this was going to be a game of who can score more touchdowns, and Iowa answered in the affirmative.

Iowa's offense is just rolling teams now - that's something we haven't seen in a very long time, here.

Minnesota took Michigan to the wire...played osu tough...osu shut the door on defense where we didn't at the end..minnesota is not a bad team. Bad record yes. If Michigan and osu get "credit" for being good teams and being top 10 this week in cfp polls...our win over minnesota is not a bad win in the least.

Uni's were ok. Not great.

This would help
Bald_Helmet-xl-500x500.jpg

The CFB poll is meaningless if we go to Nebby and play D Like we did last night. They will score at will. They have way better athletes than Minny and an extra week to prepare.

Purdue then Debby
Right?
Iowa can defeat both.
Purdue first tho.

Our d. Coach needs to find a pass rusher.
On third Down and long..IMO, sub for big tackles.

The uniforms were awesome, hopefully the feedback the Athletic Department is getting is good. Two small changes, I wish the helmet was matte and I wish the numbers were a little smaller. Still, huge success compared to our alternates from the past.

I do have to say something though. All of you traditionalists are the ones who nearly killed Iowa football. Guess what, without the hot seat from this past off-season, I doubt we would have seen the success we're getting this season. Kirk has renewed his effort into this, and isn't phoning it in anymore. I think that's directly from this past off-season. SO happy to see him care again, tears in his eyes after ISU and MN wins!

Let the new blood take control of this program. Look at the success Brian Ferentz has had. Guess what, cool uniforms attract recruits. That's a fact. If you want to keep Iowa improving you need to start doing the little things that kids these days like. So far this season, we've done that. We've got a good Social Media presence, awesome videography team, and cool blackout uniforms.

Go drool in your La-Z-Boy while you watch The Price is Right. If you complain about the changes being made to the program, we're going to end up right back where we were, on the decline. The changes are the only thing that righted this ship, uniforms included.

Personally I'd much rather see new uniforms like these then throwback uniforms. I loved going with something new and liked the uniforms.

The uniforms were awesome, hopefully the feedback the Athletic Department is getting is good. Two small changes, I wish the helmet was matte and I wish the numbers were a little smaller. Still, huge success compared to our alternates from the past.

I do have to say something though. All of you traditionalists are the ones who nearly killed Iowa football. Guess what, without the hot seat from this past off-season, I doubt we would have seen the success we're getting this season. Kirk has renewed his effort into this, and isn't phoning it in anymore. I think that's directly from this past off-season. SO happy to see him care again, tears in his eyes after ISU and MN wins!

Let the new blood take control of this program. Look at the success Brian Ferentz has had. Guess what, cool uniforms attract recruits. That's a fact. If you want to keep Iowa improving you need to start doing the little things that kids these days like. So far this season, we've done that. We've got a good Social Media presence, awesome videography team, and cool blackout uniforms.

Go drool in your La-Z-Boy while you watch The Price is Right. If you complain about the changes being made to the program, we're going to end up right back where we were, on the decline. The changes are the only thing that righted this ship, uniforms included.
Get the hell off my lawn.

Who exactly do you think turned up the heat on Kirks seat last season. It was the thousands of season ticket holders who used their wallets to let Kirk and his boss know that they were not happy with the product on the field. Those season ticket holders are more likley closer to retirement than high school graduation, so it is the very group you think is holding the program back. Get over yourself.

Last edited: