Bumped up to No. 11 for recruiting 2012

it will be a solid top 20 class when spring rolls around when all the top kids are signed, but at present the press Iowa is getting now is fast changing the perception people have of Iowa, and i can't remember a Iowa class that was ever rated that high

Wonder if we'll even need to play any games? Perhaps teams will just bow down and surrender to our awesome recruiting class.

I think it is hard to over estimate what this commitment could mean to Iowa Hawkeye basketball. Woodbury/Iowa is the front page story on the basketball recruiting pages at Rivals, Scout, and ESPN. Obviously, Adam is a great pickup in terms of what he brings to the court, but I think the bigger "pickup," if you will, is a ton of great exposure that could really turn the tide in recruiting circles around the country.

I think it is hard to over estimate what this commitment could mean to Iowa Hawkeye basketball. Woodbury/Iowa is the front page story on the basketball recruiting pages at Rivals, Scout, and ESPN. Obviously, Adam is a great pickup in terms of what he brings to the court, but I think the bigger "pickup," if you will, is a ton of great exposure that could really turn the tide in recruiting circles around the country.
Absolutely, Fran is effectively and efficiently putting together a team that will play his brand of basketball very well. The pieces are falling into place nicely. The Hawks are on the way to becoming a serious consideration now.

I've always hated these asinine poles put out by all the pundents around the country, telling us who's got what before anyone plays one play in collegiate sports. But when we happen to get into the top 20 I can't believe how intelligent they all become!! ;)

Yesterday was a big day for Iowa bball. We now have 2 4-star recruits. That HAS to help with recruiting going forward. Well done Fran!

somebody has to rain on the parade, true enough it comes down to coaching, but it sure helps to get the star recruits, because the talking heads on tv helps build the confidence in future recruits mind we have a good product which in turn makes it easier to get better recruits, and now that Iowa is producing more top talent it gives them a better excuse to stay home, the possibility of making the Final 4 increases the better sales pitch to these and other recruit, after all you have to have a product to sell before they buy, right now Fran is selling on faith, with May being the only player to leave in 2013 this class will be entering their 2nd year of getting stronger and better acclimated to the college game which should lead to a better record and a better product to sell to the kids that will replace Marble, McCabe and Basabe

I am NOT a pessimist. I just was clear what the data said Fran would have to do to succeed as a recruiter. The only people who thought I was being pessimistic were ones that didn't think he could get it done.

I don't know how many times I have to say this. My only beef was with people who were arguing for a long term plan that has no recent precedence in success.

In fact, in Spring I put up a thread challenging people to choose whether Fran could get 3 of his targets and losers would have to leave the board for a week. I was in the winning affirmative group. Did you stake your participation?

I love how everyone says that stars don't matter when it is a average class. But the stars do matter when Iowa finally ends up on a list.

Latest posts