Bullock?

bucksnducks

I heard on the radio yesterday (4:30 p.m. either 1460 or 1700) that Coker is questionable for sat. and that Bullock might be the next man in. I kind of thought someone else might have heard this too. What is the word on Bullock??

The word is we have only one carry to go on, but it looked decent. Plus, he seemed pretty ****** that he didn't get the next carry to punch it in. :D

Hadn't heard that Coker was questionable, though.

might have been on Marty's show. I didn't catch the interview but I was flipping through and heard him say that Morehouse mentioned that Coker was dinged up and may be questionable for Saturday.

With all the hits Coker has been taking in 3 games, one would expect he'd be dinged up. I'm looking forward to see what Bullock can do and if White sees some action, seeing what he can do as well. I'm sure Canzeri is a long shot at this point.

Last edited:
Coma jokes really arent funny right about now.

As for Coker, no one else is sayin anything to that effect and I have not heard anything to that effect.

Not that I ever want someone to miss a game, but if true, this is an opportunity. We need to get our other backs some experience because we're going to need them come Big Ten season. Besides, I'd like to see some more speed in the backfield for a change.

Coker is much better than what his production has been.

My primary hypotheses in this instance are:

- Coker is still dinged (it's a fact that he was dinged in fall camp and missed a lot of camp)

- Coker is trying to implement technique but is thinking too much (missing so much time in camp would also have slowed down his development with regard to making technique become more instinctual).

A funny thing to remark upon ... in high school Bullock was a RB in a system that was almost exclusively operating out of shot-gun.

Thus, given the love affair that Iowa fans now have with Iowa using the no-huddle out of shot-gun ... it would appear that Bullock would be a pretty natural fit there.

My primary hypotheses in this instance are:

- Coker is still dinged (it's a fact that he was dinged in fall camp and missed a lot of camp)

- Coker is trying to implement technique but is thinking too much (missing so much time in camp would also have slowed down his development with regard to making technique become more instinctual).

This technique being what exactly?

A funny thing to remark upon ... in high school Bullock was a RB in a system that was almost exclusively operating out of shot-gun.

Thus, given the love affair that Iowa fans now have with Iowa using the no-huddle out of shot-gun ... it would appear that Bullock would be a pretty natural fit there.

As long as he understands protections. He seems pretty smart as a FB player, considering he was at slot and then moved back to the RB spot last week as the #2 guy. I think he'll be a good one.

Hmmm, Saturday might be interesting. Maybe they'll try a couple of different looks even if they aren't forced too?

The word is we have only one carry to go on, but it looked decent. Plus, he seemed pretty ****** that he didn't get the next carry to punch it in. :D

Hadn't heard that Coker was questionable, though.
I saw his reaction to the play call on that goal line punch in by Vandy. He was not happy they didn't call his number. I can't blame him at all especially since he was across the goal line on the play before but was called down at the 1/2 yd line.

Coker is much better than what his production has been.My primary hypotheses in this instance are:- Coker is still dinged (it's a fact that he was dinged in fall camp and missed a lot of camp)- Coker is trying to implement technique but is thinking too much (missing so much time in camp would also have slowed down his development with regard to making technique become more instinctual).

ball control, knowing when and were to switch the ball from arm to arm. when to use a stiff arm. pad level. vision. knowing when to cut and when to run over some one. its all technique.

Wow, that's some spin. Production is what it's all about.

Only KFz could rationalize keeping Bullock (and others) on the bench so effectively.

As homerHawkeye777 suggested if Coker is dinged up that certainly would help explain him struggling.

It may simply be that Bullock has recently emerged in games and practices. As a true freshman early in the season the learning curve has to be very high for them.

I laugh at everyone balking at Coker and praising Bullock like he's the next greatest thing. I'm not saying he isn't but we saw 1 carry on the 5 yard line from the kid. We know Coker is dinged up and has been and we know what he can do when he is healthy, my goodness this is a little crazy.

Coker looks like a truck stuck in mud. He doesn't seem to have the ability to see a hole make a cut and go. The O-line has exactly hit late October form yet either. A guy like Coker needs to hit the hole with a full head of steam.

Coker fights for every yard he gets. Until the last quarter and half of last week's game, we have not had much of a passing game. They have loaded the box and Coker has been getting pounded. I am now sure Bulluck could take the pounding Coker has taken with so many in the box. If Vandy continues to be effective in the air, look for Cokers yard to have a nice increase as well. Don't give up on him yet. The talent is there.

rdemp4hawks hit on a number of the basics there. A few of the main things that I think that Coker could use to get down are ... run behind the pads, lower the pad level (i.e. run lower), and keep the pads square (again, related to pad level).

Also, more recently I've noticed that Coker hasn't be driving his legs quite as much. I don't know why that's so ... maybe it's linked to him being dinged or something.

Latest posts