Bulaga/Spievey or DJK

HaydensUncle

I feel like Bulaga and Spievey let down their team more than DJK did. DJK obviously blew his Senior bowl game, but at least he played 12 games his Senior year and substantially contributed.

There has just been a lot of talk about how we wasted time and money on players who do drugs, but the ones who choose the NFL money seem to have a larger impact.

Really?!? Two guys that are STARTING their rookie seasons in the NFL let down their team more than a guy that was busted for doing drugs???? What about letting YOURSELF down? What about Spievey taking care of his mother who was jobless? What about Bulaga going in the first round and looks like he will be a mainstay on that Packer line 10 years down the road?

These young men aren't some fictitious pieces of a puzzle that YOU want put together perfectly to give YOU satisfaction and warm fuzzies about a great season.

Seriously, how selfish and nearsighted can you be??????????????????

I feel like Bulaga and Spievey let down their team more than DJK did. DJK obviously blew his Senior bowl game, but at least he played 12 games his Senior year and substantially contributed.

There has just been a lot of talk about how we wasted time and money on players who do drugs, but the ones who choose the NFL money seem to have a larger impact.

Each player has to do what is best for them and their situation. I wish they both would have stayed but would they have made the year any better probably not.

That's the craziest thing I've heard in a while. If you had a chance to PLAY at the pro level early...you would stay and risk not ever getting that chance again? RIGHT!

DJK brought a bad light on the Iowa football program. God forbid if Iowa has players talented enough to leave early and START in the NFL! Where was your head at when you thought of this?

If you've watched either of them play on Sundays this year, the choices they made seemed to be the right ones..

I've enjoyed watching Amari in particular.

So you don't mind all the basketball players that have transferred over the years, just so they can have a better situation. We invested a lot in turning those players into who we are. They let down their team by not fulfilling their scholarship.

Going pro early is almost always a "selfish" move. However, being selfish for looking out for what's BEST for you (getting paid), is much different than being selfish for doing something that doesn't do you any good at all (drugs).

Shonn Greene and Dallas Clark also left early. We would have won the NC with Greene last year. But I don't hold anything against him for leaving when he did.

If a player is almost good enough to make it in the pros, but won't get in without an extra year to improve, should he transfer to a different school before his senior year, allowing him to sit out a year, train, and get another year to make something happen?

I don't think it's that ridiculous of a thought. Clayborn's mom needed the money too, but he stayed.

I have no problem with the basketball players who left. I wouldn't have wanted to be there at that time either. It's unfortunate that we got to that point, but I don't blame them one bit. I don't think we'll have that with Fran from what I've seen so far.

So you don't mind all the basketball players that have transferred over the years, just so they can have a better situation. We invested a lot in turning those players into who we are. They let down their team by not fulfilling their scholarship.

You no sense make.

If a player is almost good enough to make it in the pros, but won't get in without an extra year to improve, should he transfer to a different school before his senior year, allowing him to sit out a year, train, and get another year to make something happen?

I don't think it's that ridiculous of a thought. Clayborn's mom needed the money too, but he stayed.

So what if Clayborn stayed? Spievey felt that he needed the money now, so he could take care of his mom. If you're seriously going to hold that against him, then I really don't know what to say to you.

I'm not blaming them. I understand why a player would go pro early. If you look at the facts and results, they let down their fellow players more than DJK did.

I'm not blaming them. I understand why a player would go pro early. If you look at the facts and results, they let down their fellow players more than DJK did.

DJK got himself busted for drugs. That's being selfish, and with ZERO positives in it for him. He let them down by being stupid. Bulaga and Spievey went early. Probably contributed to a 7-5 season. But Derrell is the one who cast a dark cloud over the program, which led to a number of players being falsely accused of failing drug tests. I'll take what Bryan and Amari did over that ANY day.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

I don't think Bulaga and Spievey let the team down. I do think they are in way over their heads in the NFL.

Both have made position changes already. Spievey to safety and Bulaga began at LT, couldn't beat out an injury riddled 34 year old, moved to LG, couldn't beat a borderline NFL player, then moved to RT to fill in for an injured player. He has been abused most of the season. Particularly against Washington, Miami, & DET.

Latest posts