Bulaga Props, Richardson not so much

Tough to read about Richardson. Kid sure has heart and is tough. Too bad they don't consider that. Wish he would have come back to Iowa.

I kind of figured he wouldnt show well. He played extremely well during the season and I am glad for him. Two things I noticed when I watched him. The injuries have taken a toll on his quickness and flexibility. Its a shame that he had to suffer so many injuries before they figured out what was wrong

I like how they stop paying attention to how well someone plays football once the combine starts and it all turns into how well someone grades out in drills they'll never go through in a game.

I like how they stop paying attention to how well someone plays football once the combine starts and it all turns into how well someone grades out in drills they'll never go through in a game.

+1. How many times will an offensive lineman need to worry about his 40 time once he steps on the field?

Anthony Davis is listed as falling and I'm sure he will be drafted in the top 10 or 20. I wouldn't read too much into this

+1. How many times will an offensive lineman need to worry about his 40 time once he steps on the field?

Exactly...I doubt we'll ever hear about how Bulaga caught a defensive back from behind after a 30 yard fumble recovery, saving the game for his team.

Bulaga on the Big Ten network 3 or 4 days ago made the comment that your time running 10 yd., 20 yard bursts/time are far more important than your forty time.

I highly doubt you believe this.

I sure do. A lot of times that's exactly what happens. If you disagree, Troy Williamson would love to talk with you about how he parlayed a 4.3 40 into a top 10 selection, even though it was well known that he had a penchant for dropping passes (sort of the first thing that a receiver needs to be concerned with, especially an elite one).

The jury is out on Derrius Heyward-Bey, but he has all the makings of another Williamson, and he was picked in the top 10 because he lit up the combine. I'll take a football player over a workout warrior any day, but the workout warriors always see their stock skyrocket, even if what they did on tape was average at best.

Latest posts