Bulaga Drops in Draft

Lexhawk

College Football News has dropped Brian Bulaga to 56th in it's most recent projection, I realize these things are going to be fluid until the actual draft - but that seems odd. Did something happen?

LOL, your so funny, say something else stupid so i cant keep laughing at you...i mean with you

I am not being funny. I like Bulaga as much as anyone, but I don't think he's a first round talent. Certainly not a top ten talent as some have been so bold to project.

Then again, I don't let the fact I am a fan cloud my ability to try and look at him as a NFL talent objectively.

LOL, your so funny, say something else stupid so i cant keep laughing at you...i mean with you

The Wisconsin game wasn't exactly pretty. O'brien Solenoid or whatever dude's name is ate Bulaga up especially in the first quarter.

Might be a red flag in his medical file.

The Wisconsin game wasn't exactly pretty. O'brien Solenoid or whatever dude's name is ate Bulaga up especially in the first quarter.

Also dont forget about graham from michigan having a pretty good game too.

Good for Bulaga that Schofield was impressing before blowing out his knee and Brandon Graham came out of this weekend as one of the biggest winners.

I don't know if he's top 10, but I don't think he's 56 either...

I think he will be an early 2nd rd draft pick. He didnt have a very good year and I know that health had something to do with that. I agree with the other poster. He didnt look that good against top B10 talent and when it comes to 1st rd picks, NFL scouts/GMs will inspect every inch of film, health data and personal back ground info.
They cant afford not to. Probably go in the 30 to 45 range.

fully agree hogeye. He should have stayed to get over an off year caused by illness. Two years ago Bryan was a beast. He just didint have "it" this year, likely due to the thyroid.

I think NFL talent evaluators realize he probably wasn't 100% after the thyroid issue and hence the less than stellar play against the afore-mentioned guys. He absolutely shut-down that guy from G Tech (Morgan or whatever his name is) who was supposed to be a high pick as well.

I am not being funny. I like Bulaga as much as anyone, but I don't think he's a first round talent. Certainly not a top ten talent as some have been so bold to project.

Then again, I don't let the fact I am a fan cloud my ability to try and look at him as a NFL talent objectively.

MY first post was just poking you a little bit, but your crazy if you dont think he is a first rounder...By the end of the year he was the best tackle in the country. I am not saying he didnt play poorly against Wisc but he was sick and although i am not a doctor i would bet that had alot to do with it...His best football is still in front of him....and if he dosnt go in the first round i am going to delete this post and say that i knew he wasnt very good all along so you might as well not argue with me :)

Have to side with Hogeye here. Bulaga was never the same after his thyroid condition. He was eaten up on the edge. He may have made the right move financially but I think he's just not quite ready for the NFL. I mean Reiff looked better than Bulaga this year out at tackle...

Which rating service dropped him? Most still have him between 14 and 25. He was outstanding in the orange bowl and maybe the best player on the field in front of a national audience. He has outstanding footwork and had he not been ill with a serious ailment, he would be the best OT in the draft. I wouldn't put too much into opinions until after the combines.

That there is funny.

Which rating service dropped him? Most still have him between 14 and 25. He was outstanding in the orange bowl and maybe the best player on the field in front of a national audience. He has outstanding footwork and had he not been ill with a serious ailment, he would be the best OT in the draft. I wouldn't put too much into opinions until after the combines.

+1

He struck when he thought the iron was hot. Against the top ends he didn't play well, meaning Graham and Schofield. Even against Morgan of GA Tech is misleading as it was Reiff that did the number on him. The dude will be there come late 2nd if not into the 3rd round.

I have been telling everyone that once his filmed was looked at he would drop

Calloway had a much better year

MY first post was just poking you a little bit, but your crazy if you dont think he is a first rounder...

Um, no...it was an outright assault on my intelligence. And, no I do NOT think he is an automatic first round pick. The only reason I think he might still go first round is because he plays LT and like QB it's a position teams will over-value in the draft and people will like his measurables. Combine is yet to be a factor, so that will have an effect as well that remains to be considered.

But, myself...I wouldn't want my team taking him in the first round, period.

By the end of the year he was the best tackle in the country. I am not saying he didnt play poorly against Wisc but he was sick and although i am not a doctor i would bet that had alot to do with it...His best football is still in front of him....and if he dosnt go in the first round i am going to delete this post and say that i knew he wasnt very good all along so you might as well not argue with me :)
I don't think he was the best OT in the country even if you throw out his two worst games. He is very good. He is a top ten talent at his position. But, he looked poor against Wisconsin he also looked terrible against Michigan. He looked, to me, okay most of the rest of the year, but certainly not overly dominant. Even the GT game I didn't see anything impressive although it was nice to see him stable again in that game.

Again, I am not saying he doesn't go in the first round. Teams do dumb things. I am just saying that when you look at the tape from this year there are a lot of red flags and any other OT in the country on any other team with those highlights and lowlights and they aren't projected first round. He is getting a lot of run from his pedigree and Junior year.

I am not saying he sucks or that he won't transition well into the pros okay, but he isn't starting LT material right now, so why burn a first rounder on a RT that had a sub-par year for what he was projected to do? Someone might, I wouldn't.

Last edited:

Latest posts