Bucks just canned Jason Kidd. Would you Trade Fran for Kidd right this minute?

Adam

Obviously I know that anyone in the fire Fran camp already would. Anyone in the Fran more time camp would make this swap?

Jason Kidd is a scrapper with connections on the East Coast and major cities. IMHO he could attract recruits from urban areas that Iowa sorely lacks. Yeah, I’d take him. Not sure the Bucks would want Fran in a swap, though.

Sounds like a perfect fit with all his ties to Iowa and the B1G.

Lol ya there is no connections, but that is what makes it interesting. It is star power over comfort. There is no doubt that Kidd and his amazing NBA career would have any trouble recruiting. Teaching the players and running a program would be a learning curve, but I would sign up to ride that ride.

Jason Kidd is a scrapper with connections on the East Coast and major cities. IMHO he could attract recruits from urban areas that Iowa sorely lacks. Yeah, I’d take him. Not sure the Bucks would want Fran in a swap, though.

Lol I meant a swap from our perspective only. No the bucks would not want Fran.

Lol ya there is no connections, but that is what makes it interesting. It is star power over comfort. There is no doubt that Kidd and his amazing NBA career would have any trouble recruiting. Teaching the players and running a program would be a learning curve, but I would sign up to ride that ride.
The transition from NBA to recruiting urban high school kids to play for a bottom-of-the-cellar program at a relatively small city in the middle of the country would be a huge jump from managing professional salaries and head cases, but Kidd might be able to do it. The Iowa AD would never go for it, though.

If he can recruit, I'd say do it. Doubt our AD would think that far outside the box, though.

Fire AD, make Fran AD, hire Kidd.

1. Frans sons stay.

2. Fran would make a good AD ( I think he may be burned out on coaching anyway )

3. Triple BB coaches salary and hire Kidd.

Neither seem able to run coherent plays...

Hmm. Pretty sure we always hear about how effective Frans plays are coming out of timeouts and out of bounds and in the high/low. Surely you haven't watched any other season of Frans tenure with some of the things you post.

Latest posts