Bubble screen

If we do see it at all next year I hope it's executed a little better than it was the 2 or 3 times it was attempted this year. It didn't look like they had a clue what they were doing. I think the reason for the lack of the bubble screen is because Eric Campbell would rather just get the ball to his recievers downfield much like they did at Michigan. I think the reverse was actually starting to look pretty damn good up until Chaney got hurt, we'll probably see more of that than the bubble screen IMO

We are going to have so many freakin' weapons on offense next year it is downright scary. What is even scarier is KOK's vanilla offense. I hope he mixes it up and throws different looks and is much more creative than in past years. Especially if our O-line struggles a little bit and they don't knock guys off the ball in the run game. Put Stanzi back in the gun and quick throws to all of that talent. Put the pressure on the defense. Sort of like Northwestern's offense. But they don't have near our talent, or depth, do they?

I would settle for this: If you are going to throw on 1st down, then throw on 2nd and 10 so we aren't facing a 3rd and 12. Shattering that tendency would be a small step.:( *See Ohio St overtime plus countless other examples.

For a few minutes I had started to forget that the Iowa fanbase is filled with budding offensive coordinators who know way more about play calling in major college football than the lowly KOK.

Just saying, in my humble opinion, there appears to be tendencies in our offensive play-calling that doesn't maximize our talent and potential. I would love to see our offense as productive as our defense is year-in and year-out.

Can we get on the same page, verbage wise?

Bubble screen:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tsga1h981Ms"]YouTube- BUBBLE SCREEN[/ame]

Jailbreak/Tunnel screen:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P8kXWMcnOo&NR=1"]YouTube- Jailbreak Screen[/ame]

Are you guys talking about the jailbreak/tunnel screen? I don't know that I've ever seen Iowa run an actual bubble screen...

I've always referred to a bubble screen as a screen where the inside-most WR "bubbles" his route and gets the immediate screen pass.

I've always referred to the jailbreak screen as the outside-most WR taking a step or two upfield and then darting straight down the LOS towards the middle of the field.

That's how I've done it with my teams in the past anyway...I've never heard the term "garage screen" either. That's a new one for me.

I think the James kid called it an electrical closet screen...Leach then talked to the announcers and said no it's more like a garage screen...maybe even a 2 car garage.

glad hawkfan2679 finally explained to everyone the difference, it always bothered be when people would just throw bubble screen out their without knowing what it means, almost as much as people confusing the TE screen with the Y-throwback pass

Wow.....in the last 4-5 years all I have heard is DONT run that Bubble screen....now you guys WANT to run it?!?!?!?!?!?! I hope we never run it again....I dont think i have ever seen it gain more than 5 yrds, and thr risk/reward is not worth it IMO...

Latest posts