BTT predictions

MeatMan

Well let's look at this in a positive. If the boys can somehow take this last month and flush it, it's a clean slate. Obviously a very winnable game to start the tourney, so maybe that's what is needed at this time.

Going out on a limb and predicting two wins in the B1G tourney.

Purdue sets a BTT record for 3 pt FG %. Iowa gets plenty of rest for the NCAAs where they are a ten seed and lose first round.

Iowa blew out the big 10 regular season champs they can win the tournament if they play that well, I believe they will.

Iowa blew out the big 10 regular season champs they can win the tournament if they play that well, I believe they will.

They beat every team in the Big Ten this year except three - Sparty, Bucky, and the Hoosiers.

They will not go 0-3 against Sparty or Wisky, playing on a neutral court. And they will definitely beat Indiana if they play, even on a somewhat less neutral court.

Hawkeyes go 4-0 in the BTT, with loads of momentum heading to The Dance with a #4 seed!

Sounds good to me, what is Brody Boyd doing these days? Should bring him in as an honorary captain, and motivational speaker to insure a championship.

Hard to predict when we don't even know who we play.

Games of interest today:

Michigan State @ Ohio State - Iowa is the 5 seed if MSU wins this game with Nebraska being the 2nd round opponent. If Ohio State wins then Iowa is the 6 seed and will play MSU in the 2nd round. I like Iowa's chances better if they are the 5 seed.

Northwestern @ Purdue - This game starts in a little more than an hour but it is a preview of Iowa's first round opponent. Depending on what happens in the MSU/OSU game Iowa will play either the winner or loser of this game. I am pretty sure Penn State owns the tie breaker over Purdue in the event they tie in the standings.

I'm starting to wonder if playing another game, rather than having a bye could be of benefit.

obviously it's another chance to lose but this team needs to get its confidence back so hopefully a winnable first round matchup can help and get some kind of momentum going.

If Iowa plays Purdue, they will lose. Northwestern or Penn State... they have a chance.

IF they make it to the second round...best chance is against Nebraska. Won't beat MSU.

Who can predict how these guys are going to play any given night. It's ridiculous and last night was a basketball farce. They should have destroyed Illinois at home on senior night (thanks for the awesome leadership by the way), but what happens? They come out slow and get down early, then the are unable to put away their inferior opponent in the second half. It's unreal. They can lose to any given team on any particular night, but I no longer think they can beat any team they play. Not at this point.

This team needs a couple wins in the BTT for confidence. It doesn't matter if it's against Purdue or NW. Without the ability to win close games, Iowa will be going home after the round of 64. Iowa goes 3-1 and loses to MSU in the championship.

If Iowa plays Purdue, they will lose. Northwestern or Penn State... they have a chance.

IF they make it to the second round...best chance is against Nebraska. Won't beat MSU.

Iowa isn't even lucky enough for Purdue to win at home against northwestern.

I agree, I am not sure who the Hawks play...NW or PSU might be able to win and get to Friday...otherwise I think it's one and done in Indy. And if they get matched up against some of the teams in the tourney the experts are predicting...I'm guessing one and done there too.

Lose first round = NIT, after what we are seeing, is anyone still surprised? Last time I checked, how well the fans travel post season does not help Iowa like it does in football. What a disappointing ride this season is turning out to be..

I'm starting to wonder if playing another game, rather than having a bye could be of benefit.

obviously it's another chance to lose but this team needs to get its confidence back so hopefully a winnable first round matchup can help and get some kind of momentum going.

I too hope an "easier" game can get things moving the right way. Confidence and defense has been the issue.

Oh how the mighty have fallen. I understand the lack of confidence, but I still have to think they can turn it around, lest I become a negative fan.

the key to winning any game right now is having a 10pt lead at half, as we've been outscored by 8pts in the 2nd half on avg the last 5 games

Latest posts