BTT bracket if season ended today

Zstatman

EP8WosWWkAAsHVQ

..............if only we had that Nebraska game back.

hqdefault.jpg
Would we be the 1 seed if we won that? It would come down to tie breakers against us an MSU. Maybe record against Maryland. We are 1-1 and they haven't played yet. Does that mean we win?

Would we be the 1 seed if we won that? It would come down to tie breakers against us an MSU. Maybe record against Maryland. We are 1-1 and they haven't played yet. Does that mean we win?

I'm not sure. I hope the hell they beat Mich St, though! We'd than have a win against the other top 3 teams.

Damn this is fun!! Missed these seasons.

The teams I don’t really want to see are actually Ohio State, Michigan, Maryland, Michigan State, and Illinois.

Basically the teams with the offensive firepower to light up our sometimes suspect defense.

The teams I wouldn’t mind playing are the mugging defensive minded teams because on a neutral court I don’t think they can get away with that. That would be Purdue, Wisconsin, Rutgers, and to some extent Penn State. I think we are simply better than the rest, Minny, Indiana, Nebby, and NW.

The teams I don’t really want to see are actually Ohio State, Michigan, Maryland, Michigan State, and Illinois.

Basically the teams with the offensive firepower to light up our sometimes suspect defense.

The teams I wouldn’t mind playing are the mugging defensive minded teams because on a neutral court I don’t think they can get away with that. That would be Purdue, Wisconsin, Rutgers, and to some extent Penn State. I think we are simply better than the rest, Minny, Indiana, Nebby, and NW.

Plus 3 of the teams above Iowa has one win against and yet to play Mich St, so could be 4. Revenge factor and 2nd look at Iowa to scheme.

In the past, Iowa didn't do well with those in your face mugging defending teams because they weren't "tough". That has changed this year and they can equalize with balanced scoring and better defense.

I'm not sure. I hope the hell they beat Mich St, though! We'd than have a win against the other top 3 teams.

Damn this is fun!! Missed these seasons.

Just don't forget we've already had 3 seasons just like this in the last 6 years, up until this point in the season.

Yea, I can't quit thinking about the year when Aaron White was playing and we lost 6 straight down the stretch. I know this is a new team but still............

Yea, I can't quit thinking about the year when Aaron White was playing and we lost 6 straight down the stretch. I know this is a new team but still............
I think you are getting a bit confused, morphing one good finish (winning 6 in a row with White as a senior) with two fades that happened the season before and after.

I'm not sure I'd want to play a "mugging" team in a conference tourney. Whether they get away with it or not, good chance they'll still play physical game that would wear a team down for their next game. That said I'd love to see Rutger's work their way to the other side of the bracket.

Finishing in the top 4 and getting the double bye would be huge for us given the fact we are not as deep as many of our B1G opponents. By the end of the regular season meat grinder the extra rest would be really nice.

Well here’s a fun fact. If the BTT started today every game not involving Indiana, Nebraska and Northwestern would be a Quad 1 game. If those 3 teams lose their 1st game the other 10 BTT games will result in Quad 1 (Good) wins and Quad 1 (Not Bad) losses.

I’m not sure how much 3 (or 4) Quad 1 wins would improve a team’s NCAA seed. But my guess is it would be a 2 to 3 seed upgrade. And a loss should have very little impact. Crazy good Big 10 this year. Just crazy.

Well here’s a fun fact. If the BTT started today every game not involving Indiana, Nebraska and Northwestern would be a Quad 1 game. If those 3 teams lose their 1st game the other 10 BTT games will result in Quad 1 (Good) wins and Quad 1 (Not Bad) losses.

I’m not sure how much 3 (or 4) Quad 1 wins would improve a team’s NCAA seed. But my guess is it would be a 2 to 3 seed upgrade. And a loss should have very little impact. Crazy good Big 10 this year. Just crazy.

I think with the unbalanced schedule of the B1G, and the home dominance of so many teams leveling out the standings, the conference tournament results may hold a bit more weight than normal for NCAA seedings.
Particularly for the teams that advance to Saturday. As you said, those 4 teams are going to be adding some really good wins to their resumes.

I feel like that Deby loss will hang over our heads forever. Ugh

Only if it prohibits Iowa from a BIG 10 championship. If Iowa continues winning at a clip they are now they will have byes for the BIG tournament and a nice NCAA seed, so not really hurting there.

Latest posts