BTN LIVE West Division Predictions

OmaHawk13

Banned
Earlier today, BTN Live's Gerry Dinardo and Howard Griffith went through an hour-long preview show just for the Big Ten West Division:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBYRyP_wNL0

Gerry's Top 3:
1) Nebraska
2) Wisconsin
3) Minnesota

Howard's Top 3:
1) Nebraska
2) Wisconsin
3) IOWA

Hate to say it, but I agree with Gerry. But also enjoy the optimism from Howard. Both have Nebraska winning the West. Also hate to say it, but Nebraska's talent has been by far the best out of any current West team the past few years. They have athletes all over the place. Seems like they underachieve every year (not that I'm complaining). Will be interesting to see how this team does under a new staff. Last year during the Nebraska game, I was thinking to myself and comparing us to Nebraska and literally questioning in my head how they weren't killing us just because of how different the talent level is and how they looked in athleticism/size compared to Iowa. Honestly, the more I think about it their coaching must have been awful. Not sure if anyone has underachieved more than KF the past few years though. Anyway..... Go Hawks 2k15.

Very underwhelmed by the Cornholers.

If they're the 'favorite', I like the Hawkeyes chances to be in The
Big Ten Championship game.

#gohawks

Still wide open between those four teams if you ask me. Nebraska does have the most talent though and Wisconsin should skip a beat, those are the two safest bets as of right now.

Very underwhelmed by the Cornholers.

If they're the 'favorite', I like the Hawkeyes chances to be in The
Big Ten Championship game.

#gohawks

Mike Reilly also doesn't have his perfect QB for his system at this point. There might be just enough clash at the QB position to keep them from the top. The QB just hasn't been an accurate passer the past years.

Last year Dinardo picked Iowa and Griffith picked Nebraska so, there ya go. These guys throw darts just like the rest of us.

after the way Iowa has performed over the past 4-5 years and that awful bowl game performance, I don't know how anyone could pick Iowa to finish in the top 3 of the division.

The easy pick is for Iowa to finish behind Wisc, Neb, Minn (in no particular order), but I think Iowa finishes above at least one of those three. Two new coaches, and Minnesota might not be there yet. We'll see.

I think either Nebby or Minny fail to quite live up to expectations this year. We'll see how well Minny does without Max Williams. I think Iowa could get a 3rd in the West with one of these teams falling just below.

Let's handle Illinois State first, who honestly could probably finish in the top half of the B1G.

We will know a lot after about 2pm on Sat.

I predicted 6-6, but if the offensive line can come together, I could see 5-3 in the conference and a tie for second in our division. Our schedule favors us. If the offensive line is porous or if Beathard doesn't play every game, I see 3-5 and a tie for 4th.

Latest posts