BTN+ Is Stupid

phdsvp

You can't even time the subscription properly to be able to watch all of the games. If I started it today, it would be $10 for three games: the exhibition today, then the two games for next week. But SURPRISE! there's a random game on BTN+ in late December against Savannah State. This is such a cash grab, but I hate the idea of not being able to see the team until game 3.

I don’t like to pay the extra $10 either, but Iowa has a lot of games on btn plus. I wonder why they show a blue screen during timeouts rather than getting sponsors so that we don’t have to pay the $10 each month.

To get to see Iowa’s Big 10 player of the year Megan Gustafson throughout the entire season it’s at least 4 months, and a 5th for a deep ncaa tournament run! I’m ok with that. I have season tickets for the home games, but it’s needed for the road game. They will be on btn plus this Tuesday at 7:00.

Wrestling also has a lot of matches on brn plus.

Today will be a busy day. Iowa field hockey will be in the big 10 championship game today at 1:00, and the basketball game will be at 2:00. I will try to watch both at the same time. BTN for field hockey and BTN plus for badly.

I don’t like to pay the extra $10 either, but Iowa has a lot of games on btn plus. I wonder why they show a blue screen during timeouts rather than getting sponsors so that we don’t have to pay the $10 each month.

To get to see Iowa’s Big 10 player of the year Megan Gustafson throughout the entire season it’s at least 4 months, and a 5th for a deep ncaa tournament run! I’m ok with that. I have season tickets for the home games, but it’s needed for the road game. They will be on btn plus this Tuesday at 7:00.

Wrestling also has a lot of matches on brn plus.

Today will be a busy day. Iowa field hockey will be in the big 10 championship game today at 1:00, and the basketball game will be at 2:00. I will try to watch both at the same time. BTN for field hockey and BTN plus for badly.
The blue screen during commericial breaks is standard for any game being watched on BTN2GO. I often watch football or basketball games on BTN2GO on my phone or tablet when I'm not at home so I see the blue screen a lot. Having actual ads play would just make BTN more money tho. Cost wouldn't change for us. I always get the subscription for the few games on BTN+ because it's only $20 and even if I'd go to the games I'd still spend more on parking alone for 4 or 5 games.

It's worth it to me. The other option is not to have the games televised at all.

Maybe just don't buy the Savannah State game and you get the 3 initial games for $10?

It's a huge cash grab because on what planet is airing womans volleyball or womans anything going to get better ratings than these mens basketball games? The BTN as a whole is just ran by idiots. There's no planet that they should be using this BTN plus garbage to try and stick consumers when they can air it like normal. With all their ALT channels that they have it shouldn't be problem. In fact they should have a way for fans of individual schools (which is what every consumer of that channel is. Nobody is just a 'BIG fan') to be able to customize their programing to get all of Iowa's games in football and hoops or whatever you want. Without having to go to some deal like BTN plus on your Fn phone or computer..

It's a huge cash grab because on what planet is airing womans volleyball or womans anything going to get better ratings than these mens basketball games? The BTN as a whole is just ran by idiots. There's no planet that they should be using this BTN plus garbage to try and stick consumers when they can air it like normal. With all their ALT channels that they have it shouldn't be problem. In fact they should have a way for fans of individual schools (which is what every consumer of that channel is. Nobody is just a 'BIG fan') to be able to customize their programing to get all of Iowa's games in football and hoops or whatever you want. Without having to go to some deal like BTN plus on your Fn phone or computer..

It's a way bigger production to put it on a BTN TV channel. These BTN+ games they use a skeleton crew for and it's low quality and poorly produced. They use the alt channels for football because football draws a massive audience. Iowa vs guilroy college isn't drawing more than a few thousand eyeballs

I'm just happy that there is a way to watch every Iowa game. Not all conferences have that. I wish that a BTN+ subscription gave you access to all BTN events instead of just the overflow games.

I dropped $400 in 45 minutes at one table in Vegas two weeks ago. I won't complain about the cost. I will complain that in 2018 there STILL isn't an f-ing Apple TV app. Get it together!

oh yeah, i agree, the app isn't the Playstation Network either, even though BTN is on play station view. I just used my iphone, got it on there, than used the chrome cast to watch it on TV>

oh yeah, i agree, the app isn't the Playstation Network either, even though BTN is on play station view. I just used my iphone, got it on there, than used the chrome cast to watch it on TV>
I do the same, Airplay to Apple TV, BUT my experience has always been you are way more likely to have buffering or a total dropout when AirPlaying vs. a native app on the Apple TV which are usually very solid. You're just inserting an extra (unnecessary) wireless connection in the chain with casting from your phone. Its irritating.

I dropped $400 in 45 minutes at one table in Vegas two weeks ago. I won't complain about the cost. I will complain that in 2018 there STILL isn't an f-ing Apple TV app. Get it together!

Exactly, the cost is pretty minimal. I believe there is no fire stick app as well.

It's a way bigger production to put it on a BTN TV channel. These BTN+ games they use a skeleton crew for and it's low quality and poorly produced. They use the alt channels for football because football draws a massive audience. Iowa vs guilroy college isn't drawing more than a few thousand eyeballs
How many eye balls does womans volleyball get? I've watched the BTN plus deal and yeah the announcing/color guys are usually college kids. But I could care less about that I watch to see the game. Not worry about listening to them. With todays cable non stop media coverage there's no shortage of being able to air these games. So why aren't they? Live sports is still their bell cow. All that weird food programing and airing womans games are total waste of air time. Mens hoops and football is it.

How many eye balls does womans volleyball get? I've watched the BTN plus deal and yeah the announcing/color guys are usually college kids. But I could care less about that I watch to see the game. Not worry about listening to them. With todays cable non stop media coverage there's no shortage of being able to air these games. So why aren't they? Live sports is still their bell cow. All that weird food programing and airing womans games are total waste of air time. Mens hoops and football is it.

well...they are airing the games, just over the internet. Its a huge deal to get these types of games on regular tv. A lot goes into it. To just stream them online isn't as big of a deal...which is why its only $10 a month.

I get your frustration, but my point is that either we deal with 3 very crappy games streaming online for $10 or they just aren't televised at all. Those are really our only 2 options.

I'll gladly pay $10 for BTN to send shitty announcers and sideline reporters to these games...because I want to see live Hawkeye basketball no matter what. However, probably 99% of existing BTN subscribers do not care one bit about Iowa vs Guillford college exhibition....or wrestling, or womens volleyball. Thats why they charge extra...so the fans who DO want to see those things can see them, while they don't have to charge extra to the rest of their main BTN subscribers.

I go to vegas every year for March Madness. Last year one of my buddies lost $1,000 betting on a game, and then complained about having to pay $15 for a burger at Planet Hollywood. Its always hilarious to me how people rationalize their discretionary spending

You can't even time the subscription properly to be able to watch all of the games. If I started it today, it would be $10 for three games: the exhibition today, then the two games for next week. But SURPRISE! there's a random game on BTN+ in late December against Savannah State. This is such a cash grab, but I hate the idea of not being able to see the team until game 3.

The timing of the first and last games is intentional to get at least two months out of subscribers. What makes you think it wasn’t intentional? At least I took it from your post that you thought it was.

The timing of the first and last games is intentional to get at least two months out of subscribers. What makes you think it wasn’t intentional? At least I took it from your post that you thought it was.
No he knows its intentional and he's pissed. That's the point.

I go to vegas every year for March Madness. Last year one of my buddies lost $1,000 betting on a game, and then complained about having to pay $15 for a burger at Planet Hollywood. Its always hilarious to me how people rationalize their discretionary spending
True but the only thing that 15$ burger was going to give him was heartburn and a trip to the can later. That $1000 bet had a chance of making him money back... I agree discretionary is just that to me too. But I bet that'd be how he'd argue that with ya.

Latest posts