BTN Icons...Kinnick

JHHawk

has to be in the top 5 or 6 right?

Charles Woodson was #20.
Suzy Favor Hamilton is #19...will be on tonite. Now, personally, I do not get this one,but not a huge womens track fan,so maybe she deserves it.

I do not like how low Chuck Long (#43) was ranked...c'mon he was the Big Ten all time passing leader for 16 years,and was a close second to Bo Jackson in the Heisman. He won every QB award in the country.

Putting Fitz(41) ahead of Chuck is crap.

I presume that Kinnick is probably the only other Hawkeye to make the list, since Brands got in at #50. No other wrestler will make it I presume.
Ronnie Lester? nah...got hurt.

#1? I suspect Red Grange..

I figure Michigan will be well-represented with Tom Harmon and Chris Weber...oh wait, Weber no longer exists at Michigan does he?

Griffin definitely will be in the top 5.
My top five:
Grange, Harmon,Nagurski,Kinnick,Griffin.

Tough call...so many great ones over 114 years.

If I remember correctly Sports Illustrated a few years back listed Nile fairly highly on their list of the 100 best college football players of all time. He should be in the top five IMO.

I thought this program was only going back to 1940. But then again I just saw they have Papa Bear and Nagurski on the list. Hmm... nevermind.

Last edited:
I thought this program was only going back to 1940.

I certainly hope not. That eliminates a lot of the conference's icons: Kinnick, Harmon, Owens, Cal Jones, and there was a back from Minnesota I believe that won the Heisman back in the day. And there are surely more. Kinnick is the face on the coin flipped before every Big Ten game. They can't leave him out.

I certainly hope not. That eliminates a lot of the conference's icons: Kinnick, Harmon, Owens, Cal Jones, and there was a back from Minnesota I believe that won the Heisman back in the day. And there are surely more. Kinnick is the face on the coin flipped before every Big Ten game. They can't leave him out.
I edited my post after looking at the list.

I thought this program was only going back to 1940. But then again I just saw they have Papa Bear and Nagurski on the list. Hmm... nevermind.

Was Nagurski ranked below #20? Surprised if that is the case.
I suppose Johnny Wooden could also make the cut as a two time AA at Purdue.
Magic and the center from OSU and the Knicks...Jerry ? also belong.

Latest posts