Bryant is 337 in kenpom

Throw away that “paper” ranking when they hit the floor. Bryant is an up and comer that has given teams fits the last few years. They’ve already matched last year’s win total and will be a tough out for everyone in the competitive Northeast Conference.

Gritty W by the Iowa that should pay huge dividends in similar situations during conference play.

You feeling pretty good about Iowa basketball right about now? Screw your attention and pass the Everclear, Romeo

In comparison to last season yes. But big ten is going to tough. I'm thinking .500 in conference is enough to still get a bid. But that probably depends on if they have some big wins or not.

I predicted 6-14 in BIG. Which is improvement from last year. Really hope I'm Wrong. Really like the guys on this team and love Fran. Hopefully we just played way down to this opponent.

Throw away that “paper” ranking when they hit the floor. Bryant is an up and comer that has given teams fits the last few years. They’ve already matched last year’s win total and will be a tough out for everyone in the competitive Northeast Conference.

Gritty W by the Iowa that should pay huge dividends in similar situations during conference play.
This Bryant team was making some crazy shots, but the lazy D by some of our guards was noticeable. We were tied on rebounds late in the game. Can we afford to redshirt Nunge? I think we need him.

# 17 Arizona State and #14 Wisconsin lost to unranked scrubs today.
Iowa has played 1 game in the last 8 days. Coming off Christmas break. every other student has gone home for the break. Yeah they looked like they didn’t want to be there but they still came away with a win.

# 17 Arizona State and #14 Wisconsin lost to unranked scrubs today.
Iowa has played 1 game in the last 8 days. Coming off Christmas break. every other student has gone home for the break. Yeah they looked like they didn’t want to be there but they still came away with a win.
They played like they had eaten too much of Mom’s cooking over Christmas and were crashing after a sugar high.

Never seen that many 28ft heaves go in, along with fading teardrops and bailout contact and1s ...reminds me of an NCAA game a few years ago.
This game might actually pay dividends as the Hawks didn’t melt down, and ground out a tough W.

Happy Hawk Year in 2019

First game in over a week, coming off of a holiday, students still on break, big conference game coming up, and this only counts as 1 of 32+ games. Meh, it is what it is. Be thankful they pulled it out and move on to the next one.

It is a bit concerning they continue to struggle against small ball lineups that front and deny Cook the ball. Not having Garza hurt as Fran was unwilling to take Cook out for a breather. I believe Tyler played all 40 minutes...

Things could be so much worse, just look at yesterday's slate for the Pac 12. That has to be one of the most embarrassing days in their conferences' basketball history. UCLA lost to Liberty, Washington State lost to Santa Clara, Arizona State lost to Princeton, and California lost to Seattle. Throw in the other big conferences and you see Wisconsin lost to Western Kentucky, Illinois lost to Florida Atlantic, Wake Forest lost to Gardner Webb, and Texas A&M lost to Texas Southern.

All of the above games were just from yesterday so in summary, one bad game against a poorly ranked opponent doesn't mean much, especially when you end up winning the game. The key is to learn from it and come out focused for the upcoming conference games.

They played like they had eaten too much of Mom’s cooking over Christmas and were crashing after a sugar high.
Tom Izzo said something similiar when interviewed postgame for BTN. He said his players looked slow and that he had to run the Christmas turkey out of them.