Brust

Iowa owns him. NCAA doesn't matter. He cheated the system because mommy and daddy called the b-10. He's a little beatch

I agree. I had no problem with him transferring after the coaching change, but to pull strings to be able to transfer to one of our biggest rivals is a dick move.

Iowa owns him. NCAA doesn't matter. He cheated the system because mommy and daddy called the b-10. He's a little beatch

I'm sure he will take the two losses and still play in the tourney.

Do you think Gatens would trade the last two games for a chance to play in the dance? Of course he would

After watching Brust play I'd still love to have him as a Hawkeye.

What is more amazing than anything else to me is why the kid ever wanted to play Lick Ball in the first place.

With the coaching change I dont begrudge the guy for transferring. I'm sure he would have done very well playing for the Hawks but he is going to the NCAA tournament this season, and probably the next 3 as well.

After watching Brust play I'd still love to have him as a Hawkeye.

What is more amazing than anything else to me is why the kid ever wanted to play Lick Ball in the first place.

With the coaching change I dont begrudge the guy for transferring. I'm sure he would have done very well playing for the Hawks but he is going to the NCAA tournament this season, and probably the next 3 as well.

Lick and Co. were able to Jedi Mind-Trick him into thinking he needed to play a slow style despite playing what seemed to be up tempo in HS...not sure how they did it, but Bo Ryan was the beneficiary of it...and I agree with you. I'd love to have him at Iowa still.

I'd much rather play for the Iowa coaching staff than the Wisconsin coaching staff. Even if I wasn't an Hawkeye fan I'm 99% sure I would still feel the same way.

I'd much rather play for the Iowa coaching staff than the Wisconsin coaching staff. Even if I wasn't an Hawkeye fan I'm 99% sure I would still feel the same way.

That's very obvious now - and I agree with you completely, but at the time Fran was not well-known and there was no idea on if he would be successful at Iowa.

That 3 Brust hit from the corner falling away at the end was NAILS. The kid can play.

Lick and Co. were able to Jedi Mind-Trick him into thinking he needed to play a slow style despite playing what seemed to be up tempo in HS...not sure how they did it, but Bo Ryan was the beneficiary of it...and I agree with you. I'd love to have him at Iowa still.

BS.....he had some garbage baskets tonight but Iowa is just fine without him. He hit two runners that he had no business taking and although one didn't ever get above the rim they both somehow went in. He then hit a desperation 3 in the corner that was a prayer. Bo Ryan would normally bench his a$$ for taking those runners but he was in a bind and needed some offense.

Iowa will be much better next year without Brust. They are getting more athleticism. Gesell is a lot better all around than Brust. Oglesby is just as good if not better.

That's very obvious now - and I agree with you completely, but at the time Fran was not well-known and there was no idea on if he would be successful at Iowa.

You might have had me until I remembered that he had committed to play for Lick..

I see no reason to hate on kid. Looks like a player to me. Wish he was a hawk, but hope he does well at Wisky except when playing Iowa.