Brust looks to heat up against Iowa

Heck... the kid has been averaging less than 2 pts per game over the last 5 games. Interesting to say the least.

At the time it seemed like another blow to recruiting, but I would rather Oglesby than Brust. Brust has more ytd points due to more PT, but Oglesby is a more complete player.

Brust did not hear from Iowa fans much last year....but this year,maybe he will,since he will be on the floor.

I am more mad at Bo than Brust,but I hope they both hear from Iowa fans tonite,along with the rest of the Badgers. Boo their butts. Bo the Poacher is not worthy of this great conference as he shredded the gentlemens agreement that lasted for decades.

Carver Hawkeye needs to be an extremely hostile environment tonight. Extremely hostile. Brust needs to hear it every time he touches the ball. The Vulture needs to be verbally harassed and drowned out on every foul and every timeout.

In hindsight, I'm glad he didn't come to Iowa. He will end up being a very good 3 point shooter for Wisconsin the next couple of years, but he isn't a good defender and he isn't Big Ten pg material. I think Oglesby can and will be the better player all around when all is said and done. They are very equal players really with Oglesby having about 3-4 inch height advantage.

In hindsight, I'm glad he didn't come to Iowa. He will end up being a very good 3 point shooter for Wisconsin the next couple of years, but he isn't a good defender and he isn't Big Ten pg material. I think Oglesby can and will be the better player all around when all is said and done. They are very equal players really with Oglesby having about 3-4 inch height advantage.

In terms of young PGs in the conference, I would rate them:

1) Sobolewski
2) Oglesby
3) Brust

It really depends on the player in these situations. Some players go nuts when playing against their former team. See Luke Recker against Indiana. Other players can't make a shot. See Brust earlier this year. Hopefully this trend continues.

I am not sure why the CR Gazette is so enamored with these spotlight articles about kids that don't pick Iowa. Great, Uthoff picked Wisconsin, we got Aaron White, why don't they write that? Their last question about any regrets is right out of the Seth Davis School of Journalism. What is he going to say? "Yeah, it sucks to sit on the bench all year and it's really cold and I miss Happy Joe's Pizza".

I am not sure why the CR Gazette is so enamored with these spotlight articles about kids that don't pick Iowa. Great, Uthoff picked Wisconsin, we got Aaron White, why don't they write that? Their last question about any regrets is right out of the Seth Davis School of Journalism. What is he going to say? "Yeah, it sucks to sit on the bench all year and it's really cold and I miss Happy Joe's Pizza".
Not a Brust fan at all, glad we got JO instead. Also, I hate Weasel Ryan as much as I hate Pat Fitzgerald!:eek::eek::eek:

I love H.J.P it would suck to be with out it. :) Boo Badgers!!!

Well, it reminded me that I failed to mention I can't stand Brust either, so it's all good. Something freaks me about a kid who talks about his room being covered in Iowa gear, his car covered in bumper stickers and wearing Iowa gear to school every day who then opts to go to WI.

I am reluctant to hit "post reply", as it will guarantee a Brust outburst against us.