Bruce Pearl

farmerj3

If there are transfers at the end of this season, it is time we do what we all know will bring Iowa back to a respectable level, pour more salt on the Volunteer wounds and hire Bruce Pearl. He may have some baggage, but the baggage is easily dismissed when he brings his style of play back to Carver Hawkeye Arena. He is the man to get us back to the NCAA tournament, put butts in the seats and bring some basketball excitement and respect back to the State of Iowa. To those who think Coach Pearl wouldn't want to leave Tennessee I pose this question: Would Coach Pearl rather be 3rd fiddle behind the football coach and Pat Summit or would he rather be 2nd fiddle behind Kirk Ferentz? And he wouldn't be a distant 2nd fiddle because hawk fans would accept him with open arms while he resurrects this program from the dead with a style of bball that is a proven success in the State of Iowa. Thoughts?

Ohhhh it's make belive time I wanna play...

I say we hire Larry Brown, he does a good job turning teams around.

Ohhhh it's make belive time I wanna play...

I say we hire Larry Brown, he does a good job turning teams around.

Let's just hire Roy Williams while we're at it, I heard he thinks he's accomplished everything he can at North Carolina. A trusted source told me he's interested in the Iowa job if it opens up

Pearl has everything he could possibly want at a higher profile school than Iowa. More significantly, people apparently forget that Pearl ran an undercover op that left him a marked man in the Big 10 and hastened his exile to UWM.

Let's just hire Roy Williams while we're at it, I heard he thinks he's accomplished everything he can at North Carolina. A trusted source told me he's interested in the Iowa job if it opens up

Bathia is right - we need to adjust our expectation levels about who we would get to replace Lick if he is fired. Most likely will be an assistant

I'm seeing a lot of distaste for Bruce Pearl, like I said I understand the baggage. I was out of the loop on the last hiring, so I never knew for sure if he was pursued after Alford left.

I just really miss the Mr. Davis style of play. It's what made me as a kid fall in love with basketball. I dreamt of being a gray teamer and making the squad and playing for the Hawkeyes. Unfortunately I never got taller than 5'6 and my basketball dreams ended during high school. But it was that style of play, pressing, all out, all the time, and as many bodies in and out of the game that made me believe that someday I could work my tail off and be a member of a college bball team in an elite conference and make the NCAA tournament. I don't see anyone dreaming or wishing to be apart of this program or style of play and I think that translates to the number of butts in the seats. The Mr. Davis style of play resembled the state so well. Fans related to it. The little guy giving 110% and slaying the giant. Remember Iowa having 20 turnovers down by big double digits in the 2nd half and still beating KU in the Fog Fieldhouse where they hadn't lost in years. I want that back.

I personally would love to get that style back, and I believe a majority of Hawkeye bball fans would like to get it back to. So if it's not BP, who brings that style back?

I think Lick gets at least one more year, unless things really go south in the next two months. Certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

If Barta decides to pull the trigger, I highly doubt Pearl would take the step down to come to Iowa City, for a number of reasons.

However, I think he should be consulted as to possible candidates. Pearl has been a winner everywhere he has gone, bringing in good recruits, implementing schemes to play to his teams' strengths and building support and excitement in the fan base. He has a passion that has not been exhibited or shared by the current coach and his immediate predecessor.

Pearl knows Iowa and its fans. His input could be valuable.