Bruce Feldman on the DP Show

Condensed version is that the higher ups at ESPN were well aware in advance of the book coming out that Mike Leach was going to be suing ESPN. He's also not a fan of Craig James
and says James lied to get Leach fired. Lastly, ESPN the Mag was going to renew Feldman's contract for 3 years and give him a raise but suddenly said 1 year extension and no raise was on the table.

I like Feldman and I'm glad CBSSports.com is going to get a non-blowhard to cover college football but I'm still not going to visit that website as long as Dodd and Doyel work for them.

Does anybody other than Craig James and ESPN actually like Craig James?

I don't mind him. I think it's becoming fairly obvious he was in the wrong in the Leach situation, but as a color analyst he's ok. Not the best, but far from the worst.

Craig James' contribution to football:

1) Was a key participant in the SMU scandal that brought the school to its knees.

2) He and his son lied about the Tex Tech situation / locked in the closet / playing time thing and exaggerated Leachs' involvement. Leach was fired. James was given 'on-air' time at ESPN to present "news" about the incident when all he was doing was delivering his biased opinion.

1) Was a key participant in the SMU scandal that brought the school to its knees.

2) He and his son lied about the Tex Tech situation / locked in the closet / playing time thing and exaggerated Leachs' involvement. Leach was fired. James was given 'on-air' time at ESPN to present "news" about the incident when all he was doing was delivering his biased opinion.

Truth.

Double truth.

Here's the jist from SI.com

LINK

The more I hear the way that place works the less I want to watch. Outside of games I don't watch that trash. They are all about making the news instead of reporting it. That place is a F'ing joke.

They also give their employees orders on what they can and can't talk about on air. Only a handful of on air talent are big enough to tell them to screw off, the rest are sheep.

Latest posts