Brrrrrrrrr …………… it’s electric.

I just want to say to these owners, well duh, what the hell did you think was going to happen!!? There are people out there who know nothing about mechanics or how to manage batteries, etc.. Batteries and severe cold or even severe heat (See Arizona) do not do well.

Wait till they get thru the winter and next summer they figure out their batteries are not getting the time or distance they were getting before secondary to degradation. I've owned rechargeable batteries and use them in my tools and even lawn mower now as we only have a 1/4 acre yard. Lithium is the game changer compared to the older technology (NiCAD), but they still do not do well in extreme hot or cold. This is why I bring my batteries into my home when gets below like 20 degrees.

This is hilarious to watch, as numbskulls out there bought these trendy cars having no idea of the issues they are going to run into. They thought it would be cool to own a Tesla or EV. I live in the IC area and these things are a dime a dozen down here.

Oh, on average for Tesla, the batteries cost anywhere from $20,000 - $28,000 to change.

Last edited:
Electric vehicles (with the tech that exists today) are a stupid idea. The emissions are pretty comparable, it's just that they happen at the power plant rather than the tail pipe. 79% of energy production in the country is fossil fuel today. So at the very most, having a 100% electric vehicle is only cutting emissions from gas or diesel by 21%. And lets not forget the fossil fuels consumed by construction and creation of wind farms in the first place which is pretty much 100% fossil. An average wind tower from creation to end of useable life uses way more energy than it will ever produce, and it also creates more emissions than it saves. And that doesn't scale down with quantity, either.

All that said above doesn't also doesn't account for electric grid capacity which is a whole 'nother preventative animal.

The practical answer (like all things in life) lies between two extremes. Until we convert to nuclear power in the US which will not happen in my lifetime, hybrid vehicles are the best solution. Gasoline or diesel when you need it in cold weather, in rural areas, etc...and electric when you don't such as interstate trips between charging stations, urban driving, good weather, etc.

If the right and the left would realize that we'd be in a good place. But the libs want 100% electric without being even remotely practical (might have something to do with the majority of them living in friendly climates in dense urban areas), and the conservatives hanging on to gas just to spite the libs.

Me? I'm just gonna sit back and laugh at the two sides wanking each other into oblivion for the next 30 or so years that I have left. Nothing is going to change from either side so what else do you do?

Electric vehicles (with the tech that exists today) are a stupid idea. The emissions are pretty comparable, it's just that they happen at the power plant rather than the tail pipe. 79% of energy production in the country is fossil fuel today. So at the very most, having a 100% electric vehicle is only cutting emissions from gas or diesel by 21%. And lets not forget the fossil fuels consumed by construction and creation of wind farms in the first place which is pretty much 100% fossil. An average wind tower from creation to end of useable life uses way more energy than it will ever produce, and it also creates more emissions than it saves. And that doesn't scale down with quantity, either.

All that said above doesn't also doesn't account for electric grid capacity which is a whole 'nother preventative animal.

The practical answer (like all things in life) lies between two extremes. Until we convert to nuclear power in the US which will not happen in my lifetime, hybrid vehicles are the best solution. Gasoline or diesel when you need it in cold weather, in rural areas, etc...and electric when you don't such as interstate trips between charging stations, urban driving, good weather, etc.

If the right and the left would realize that we'd be in a good place. But the libs want 100% electric without being even remotely practical (might have something to do with the majority of them living in friendly climates in dense urban areas), and the conservatives hanging on to gas just to spite the libs.

Me? I'm just gonna sit back and laugh at the two sides wanking each other into oblivion for the next 30 or so years that I have left. Nothing is going to change from either side so what else do you do?
Add into the points above, look at the land that is sacrificed or that it takes to accommodate these wind farms and solar for that matter.
Oh yea, I was going to talk about the grid as well but thought I could save for later. Our grid is having issues now, especially on each coast. We are relatively fine where we live, but even here I can tell we lose power more than I ever did in the past.

Last edited:

I think you are becoming your father. Or, Grandfather

I think you are becoming your father. Or, Grandfather
Never met either of my grandfathers and I’m the exact opposite of my dad which isn’t a bad thing. Either way, my life is statistically more than half over, I ain’t gonna spend the rest of it worrying about who to vote for or why, or why I should done an electric or gas car. My time is better spent laughing at the absurdity of it.

Latest posts