broken record

redhawk55

Banned
little used player comes in and playes like a NBA player.
their center comes in playing just 13 mpg, 2.4 ppg, 1.4 bpg
and blocks everything in site
thyuen you have a JUCO transfer and a sr pg transfer from Oregon St.

Clearly Iowa needs to keep developing Ingram and Clemmons. They need their quickness on the court. Also the reason so many shots were blocked is that we were going up weak to the basket. Got to stop trying to finesse the ball past shot blockers. You have to go up aggressive and make them foul you. That's what the B1G is.

Their big, according to the announcers, hardly played last year and looked like Mutombo tonight. Our big who hardly played last year, hardly played at all. I am not sure how Olaseni gets better riding the pine. I thought McCaffrey said he made huge strides and was the best rebounder on the team, etc. I would like to see more of Clemmons and Ingram to see what they can do. Ingram certainly defended well in limited minutes tonight.

Clearly Iowa needs to keep developing Ingram and Clemmons. They need their quickness on the court. Also the reason so many shots were blocked is that we were going up weak to the basket. Got to stop trying to finesse the ball past shot blockers. You have to go up aggressive and make them foul you. That's what the B1G is.

You nailed it. McCabe's two layups early that got rejected. Those set the tone. May's reverse on the cut late in the game was kind of the epitome of our offense tonight. We're not getting horrible looks, but we're very timid right now.

You nailed it. McCabe's two layups early that got rejected. Those set the tone. May's reverse on the cut late in the game was kind of the epitome of our offense tonight. We're not getting horrible looks, but we're very timid right now.

They certainly looked tight tonight. Have to get some quicks on the court and push the ball in transition to start the game and get in a groove. Enough with the big line-up to start. Will not work against the athletes in the B1G. Sorry Fran but someone's gonna have to sit. McCabe and Woodbury would be my choices.

its nice of Fran to brag up Gabe but to not play him makes no sense,
again putting 6'7 Basabe up against a 7' makes no sense
he looked more like Bill Russell out there blocking shots

6'10" and out of position doesn't really help either. Plus we need scorers when we're down 10. Not Gabe's type of game.

Igues we will never know how he would have fared. sitting on the bench like he did; ,like Isaid its great to hear about how great he is in practice, but it would be nice to see it play out in a game.
if you don't plan on using him, don't brag him up

Igues we will never know how he would have fared. sitting on the bench like he did; ,like Isaid its great to hear about how great he is in practice, but it would be nice to see it play out in a game.

I agree. We have a double double machine sitting on the bench.

little used player comes in and playes like a NBA player.
their center comes in playing just 13 mpg, 2.4 ppg, 1.4 bpg
and blocks everything in site
thyuen you have a JUCO transfer and a sr pg transfer from Oregon St.

Stop ripping on the team k? Thx.

Stop ripping on Gabe I mean it's like his 1st game. K? Thx.

Please don't rip on Basabe. Pointing out he has a flaw is ripping on him so stop it's making me cry.

Look gais someone's calling for a new PF after SICKS GAMESSS!! DON't Rip brah!

Jebus H Chrise, folks, give it a break already. Young team, three new guards, two new centers, a couple Lick holdovers -- what do you expect. This team is improving, that is evident. Two steps forward, one step back. Lots for this team to work on before the conference rolls around. FORWARD.

They certainly looked tight tonight. Have to get some quicks on the court and push the ball in transition to start the game and get in a groove. Enough with the big line-up to start. Will not work against the athletes in the B1G. Sorry Fran but someone's gonna have to sit. McCabe and May would be my choices.

Fixed it for you...I am content to see Clemmons/Ingram/Olaseni play a lot more minutes as Iowa will need them. Iowa needs to clear out and give Woodbury the ball, not in traffic, he is a good passer and will find and open man, hopefully it is Oglesby who shot better and seems to be getting out of his rut some.

not complaining my point was, this happens alot to Iowa, Rhoads comes to mind, little used player comes in ans has a career game nobody knows about. just surprised that Gabe didn't get his shot

Latest posts