Broken Players

HaydenHawk56

JBo and Connor. Always have had their limitations (and some upsides for sure). But, both these guys not the same after injuries. Even Fran was giving JBo the eye-roll after this last air ball 3.

But, the healthy players also did next to nothing tonight.

Terrible offensive game all the way around.

I don't see the fire in JBo right now, Connor always, but he is limited in ability. Maybe his beatdown this summer has affected his confidence. A player needs his cockiness to make it in the Big. Losing Rebracca for any length of time is gonna hurt this team as well.

Yeah JBo is a shell of himself now. Hitting FTs late in games is about his only value. What is his 3 pt% this yr? Less than 35% I bet.

CM is a beat up dude. I wonder if he 2nd guesses himself on playing hoops at Iowa. Had he just played baseball full time how might things have went for him is anyones guess. But he's limping to the finish line of his career here it's tough to watch

For JBo and CM, it also shows how great it was to have Cook & Garza in the post for the last 5 years. Watching this year's team you would never guess that JBo is the all time leader in assists for Iowa, which is remarkable when you think of point guards like Horner, BJ, etc in years past. And previous year's announcers raved about Conner being the "best post passer". So the question is have these two regressed due to injuries, or did Cook/Garza being in the post just make them look really, really good?

People are shitting on Jbo and giving Perkins a pass. Both guys aren't playing very well right now. It has to get back to the way that it was at the beginning of year... Jbo's shooting was complemented by Perkins' versatility.

Last edited:
People are shitting on Jbo and giving Perkins a pass. Both guys aren't playing very well right now. It has to get back to the way that it was at the beginning of year... Jbo's shooting was complemented by Perkins's versatility.
I agree Perkins did not look good last night. Everyone played like they were into day three of Covid. Just sick!

People are shitting on Jbo and giving Perkins a pass. Both guys aren't playing very well right now. It has to get back to the way that it was at the beginning of year... Jbo's shooting was complemented by Perkins's versatility.

IMO it’s really tough and not fair to rail on Perkins. Fact is Perkins, Ulis and Murray and the entire Bench minutes have all been reduced in the last 2 games. Which is unexplainable and down right ridiculous if you ask me. Yet I’m never surprised by anything anymore out of Fran. It’s hard for any player to get any rhythm when they are eating pine as much as they have these last 2 games!

Since the Indiana game. Kris Murray 22 minutes, Perkins 20 minutes and Ulis just 15 minutes. The starters have logged 75% of the available minutes since the Indiana game. JBO has played 3x more than Perkins has since the Indiana game! Sorry I’m just not gonna rail on a player not getting the minutes. Perkins needs to be on the court more for me to rail on him!

Last edited:
IMO it’s really tough and not fair to rail on Perkins. Fact is Perkins, Ulis and Murray and the entire Bench minutes have all been reduced in the last 2 games. Which is unexplainable and down right ridiculous if you ask me. Yet I’m never surprised by anything anymore out of Fran. It’s hard for any player to get any rhythm when they are eating pine as much as they have these last 2 games!

Since the Indiana game. Kris Murray 22 minutes, Perkins 20 minutes and Ulis just 15 minutes. The starters have logged 75% of the available minutes since the Indiana game. JBO has played 3x more than Perkins has since the Indiana game! Sorry I’m just not gonna rail on a player not getting the minutes. Perkins needs to be on the court more for me to rail on him!
Well I’ve already stated that because of his size and quickness I think Perkins could be a really good guard. I agree also that if Jbo isn’t hitting his shot then Perkins should be playing more of Jbo’s minutes. Would like to see what Perkins could do with a little more playing time.

I said it from before the season tipped off. This is going to be one of those years where it’s a development year for the younger guys. Once Fran catches that vision the better off the future of his program will be.

It sure what’s going on with Jbo. Injury? Lack of interest? Lack of focus? Something is off. In fairness though we can’t pretend to be in someone’s head and know what’s going on. We can’t take away from him the good things he has done while he was here. Top three point shooter, top assist leader. Those are great achievements for any player to achieve.

Yes it’s very frustrating that he could not hit even one of those last three pointers he attempted. Just one could have been the difference between a win or a loss. I understand the frustration. We all want to win. When we lose we want to blame someone. Fran, officials, this player, that player.

Given that we lost the core of our team last year we should be proud of the effort our players put out. How can you not cheer for a squad that are such underdogs this season.

I get it. I was disappointed too. Upset with Bo being so off. Would have loved a 3-3 record in conferences. Then this morning I checked back in. Back into reality. We lost out best players from last year.

So really we need to focus on development of the younger guys to prepare for the future of this program. That likely is going to mean getting the younger guys more experience, which only comes from playing time. It will be painful at times. At other times the future will look bright moving forward. Perkins has looked great at times and struggled at othe times. That’s to be expected. With enough playing time I think those natural gifts will be revealed.

Fran is just trying to be competitive and still trying to develop players at the same time. He may have to make a choice at the cost of developing the future of this program.

unfortunately the future for this team is now...next year no rebraca and likely no keegan.....you think we are weak inside rebounding now...just sayin

People are shitting on Jbo and giving Perkins a pass. Both guys aren't playing very well right now. It has to get back to the way that it was at the beginning of year... Jbo's shooting was complemented by Perkins' versatility.
Yes, of all Hawk players these two in the past 3 to 4 games went from nice contributors to liabilities. Fix or more bench time will help the team.