Brody and baseball

Will he step foot on the football field?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Currently into the 4th round and Brody has yet to be drafted. Probably less likely he's going to find a team that wants to meet his asking price.

Currently into the 4th round and Brody has yet to be drafted. Zero chance he's going to find a team that wants to meet his asking price.
Ftfy.

4th round max slot values range between $426K and $571K and that's just the max they can pay without getting penalized. Actual pay is typically less than that.

At this point every scout has heard him say multiple times how he has to make a buttload of money to consider decomitting for football, so no one's going to even bother.

Why waste a pick on a guy who basically said he's not taking less than 1st/2nd round money?

I'm excited that Brody chose to honor his football commitment and the baseball fan in me can't wait to see him in a baseball uniform for Iowa as well. Hopefully he can continue to do both and put himself in position to make either NFL or MLB money some day.

Ftfy.

4th round max slot values range between $426K and $571K and that's just the max they can pay without getting penalized. Actual pay is typically less than that.

At this point every scout has heard him say multiple times how he has to make a buttload of money to consider decomitting for football, so no one's going to even bother.

Why waste a pick on a guy who basically said he's not taking less than 1st/2nd round money?
Yup and if I was him it'd have taken no less then that for me to consider doing it either. I think he really wants to give playing 2 sports a shot and be a college kid for awhile anyway. With NIL he sure as heck won't starve and will do just fine. So to give up all that you'd have to give me enough to where I wouldn't have to worry about my future to do it. 6 figures or even 1 or 2 million wouldn't have cut it I don't think. He'll get to have a ton of fun this way and if he stays healthy and develops still make a boat load of $ down the road.

I umpired Dekkers at West Sioux a couple years ago and he was mid 90s/occasional upper 90s. It didn’t take long to see why he didn’t have 30 scouts there, he didn’t have command.

It was to the point it was scary…if the catcher was old enough I would’ve bought him a beer. All it would’ve taken was one miss and I was in the ER wiping out all my umping money with my deductible. It wasn’t the speed that was so scary, it was the catcher setting up low and away and getting one belt high inside. If my coach had told me to square up to bunt against that I would’ve given him the finger.
Farmer client of mine played double A as a pitcher (90 mph range) and had to bat against JR Richard and Goose Gossage when they were on assignment. Said it was completely terrifying, especially since Richard had little control.

Farmer client of mine played double A as a pitcher (90 mph range) and had to bat against JR Richard and Goose Gossage when they were on assignment. Said it was completely terrifying, especially since Richard had little control.
We hosted minor league baseball players for a season in the early 2000's. One of the players who lived with us made it to AAA, and faced Randy Johnson who was on an injury rehab assignment. His manager gave him a bunt sign and he squared around to bunt, only to find a fastball coming at this head. After he got up and dusted himself off, Johnson pointed at him with his infamous glare and screamed "no bunting!"

I'm excited that Brody chose to honor his football commitment and the baseball fan in me can't wait to see him in a baseball uniform for Iowa as well. Hopefully he can continue to do both and put himself in position to make either NFL or MLB money some day.
6rZ8g8R.jpeg

Why not both?
315px-Jim_Thorpe_Canton_Bulldogs_1915-20.jpg

tumblr_mx4375ho2A1retk9go1_400.gif

2oatycz4a2501.jpg

Latest posts