Brock Harding Commits to Iowa Basketball

I am not arguing with anyones comments. We all know Fran finds these underrated players and developers them. He has the Midas touch as the old commercial says.

My point was simply that he schools mentioned wouldn’t exactly be considered high majors.

Neither was our All American Center or recently drafted forward. So this kid could be the next great recruit.

Fran has been lacking to say the least when it comes to guards. It’s what has held the program back from greatness. Hopefully some of these new guards coming in will change that.

Aisling Zena's review of The Kingpin of Camelot

:cool:

I see what you mean but I'm not sure I agree. Having guys like Garza and Murray are more fun to watch and probably better for the program than a team full of just good players.
Hopefully Garza and Murray will ultimately pay dividends on the recruiting trail.....Fran can point to those guys and say look what we can do for you here.

Any guesses on who will step up at the guard position this next season?
Perkins for sure, he was balling in the later half of last season. I feel pretty confident Ulis makes the jump in his junior season, and I'll throw Sandfort in there as well as a big shooting guard. We'll see what Bowen can do and you have the old general Connor still around in the mix.

Gesell and Bohannon both started and were decent as freshman. Bowen is a higher ranked recruit than they were. I guess maybe Gesell was a little higher ranked. Either way, it's not unheard of for Fran to start a freshman point guard and field a decent team.

Some other Fran guys who didn't have high major offers:

Aaron White
Devyn Marble
Keegan Murray
Kris Murray
Jordan Bohannon
Anthony Clemmons
Melsahn Basabe
Tony Perkins
Nicholas Baer
Ryan Kriener

Not really a part of the twitter-verse...was there push back on Fran offering the Harding kid a schollie?

Gesell and Bohannon both started and were decent as freshman. Bowen is a higher ranked recruit than they were. I guess maybe Gesell was a little higher ranked. Either way, it's not unheard of for Fran to start a freshman point guard and field a decent team.
Bowen isn't going to start, in my opinion. Ahron Ulis will be the starting point guard next season...and if it isn't him it's Tony Perkins.

Perkins for sure, he was balling in the later half of last season. I feel pretty confident Ulis makes the jump in his junior season, and I'll throw Sandfort in there as well as a big shooting guard. We'll see what Bowen can do and you have the old general Connor still around in the mix.
I think those are all excellent possibilities. Perkins size and abilities reminds me of the old Michigan State guards that just overpowered their opponents. Sandfort shows tremendous potential as he can shoot from outside and drive it to the hoop. Bowen has the accolades and ratings. Will be fun watching all three of these guys. Connor of course brings experience and steadiness. If he can be a little more of a scorer he could be awesome.

Last edited:

Latest posts