Bright Spots

longtimer

Their Starting QB is out Otherwise 35-0

Defense has made some plays although LSU playing very conservative

We wont have to make the long plane ride back to this horrible weather like the fans that are there.

Bottom line is that they are just better at every position. I think they are maybe better than any team in the Big Ten with their starting QB.

I gotta be honest, I have never seen so many fat athletic offensive lineman like LSU has. Maybe Iowa's lineman need to stop working out, cuz fat is in? We are fit and get manhandled, they are fat and do the manhandling.

I disagree with OP's comments. LSU played conservative cause that was all they could do, and it worked for them. Their QB sucked. Unfortunately, so did our first stringer.

The defense as a whole played very well. But the biggest bright spot, IMO, was King. Seriously, that guy is going to something special if he stays healthy. He took turn shutting down Beckham and Landry (granted, LSU didn't throw much, but he left NO room for a completion while defending either of a couple NFL-caliber receivers) and, as per usual, made some big tackles in space on the edge (the stop he made on the screen pass to Hill was ridiculous).

He's got a very good chance to be the best corner Ferentz has ever had. I'm so excited that we've got him for at least two more years.

Definitely impressed with Beathard and King. Hope the QB battle legitimately wide open in the spring.

Latest posts