Brian Kelly is absolute scum

I really don't like Kelly or ND, but it is unfair to assume that Kelly is scum here. If he KNOWS (or strongly suspects) that his player is involved here, he should bench him or boot him from the team.

Other than that, he really isn't in position to do much. If he punishes the player, who then turns out to be innocent, that is unfair. Particularly since, if the player is good enough, you could be hurting/destroying a potential NFL carreer.

About the only thing that I think he did poorly here was the way he handled it with the press. He could have shown a lot more empathy, even if he is tired of being asked about it. he could have also made it clearer that he really isn't in position to talk about specifics and directed them to someone that is in that position.

I do question the actions of the ND police, though. I don't understand why the wouldn't have forwarded that report to the local police/sheriff - especially since it involved a person that was not a ND student.

He's scum because one of his players was alleged to have sexually assaulted someone, and his reaction was to throw up his hands, say "It's a university matter" and play the kid all season.

I know no coach and no university is perfect, but you have to make a choice, whether you're going to do to the right thing or do whatever you think will help you win games, no matter who gets hurt.

Not just saying you'll do the right thing, but letting your actions speak for you. In the video kid's death, and now letting this alleged sexual offender play all season, what do Kelly's actions say about him?

Spot on.

If they don't have to report to Iowa City and Ames PDs, then yes, it would still be a conflict of interest.

They don't report to the Iowa City PD or the Ames PD. The universities are state entities. The Iowa/ISU police report to the state, not the local police departments.

Every day it gets harder and harder to admit that I'm Catholic.

Kelly's really piling up the body count. The Pope would be proud.

Latest posts