Brian Ferentz?

I'm gonna bump this up.

I don't see how this guy has contributed to this program positively in any way. He is apparently a TERRIBLE line coach as his unit has looked like utter garbage in 2 out of his 3 years here.

If his last name was anything other than Ferentz, people would be demanding his ouster right alongside GD.

I am just sick of the family ties I this program. They act like they own Iowa FB

I think it's simply the predictability of our play calling. When the defense knows what you're going to do, more times than not they're going to stop you, regardless of your blocking scheme or how well they're coached. You can get away with that to an extent if you're just plain better than your opponent. Unfortunately we're just not that good right now. Jimmies and Joes... that's what it boils down to. That, and our offensive coordinator just isn't very good!

Could Brian be getting a little disgruntled with the KF slow down machine. Could Brian be thinking his voice isn't being heard. Sometimes family members try but the working relationship doesn't work. Normally sons want to step out of the shadow of their father. Granted, most sons don't walk into a job that pays as well as the line coach job. Pulling Reece Morgan away from the o-line was a mistake. I would have preferred Brian to come in as tight end/wide receiver coach or d-line coach. Coach Morgan has really improved our d-line but our o-line or offense as a whole has dropped considerably.

Actually, his last game is tonight - unless they make it to the playoffs. And if they win, they are in. Good to see you again. I'm seeing a lot of old names here - folks who seem a lot more sensible than the rabble at the old board. Wow, they have just come unhinged. It's kind of like listening to the crowd at a high school football game.
Yea a lot of us landed over here. Good Luck tonight.

I am just sick of the family ties I this program. They act like they own Iowa FB

You mean like the Paterno's did in Happy Valley?

I would like to see our next head coach (if i live long enough) already a head coach at a MAJOR college. At least a coordinator of SOMETHING. Preferably offense. NFL experience not required. Actually NO NFL experience please.

Oh, and I would like to see our next OC NOT a former offensive lineman. Especially one without coordinator on his resume.

Um, sorry Brian.

You mean like the Paterno's did in Happy Valley?

I would like to see our next head coach (if i live long enough) already a head coach at a MAJOR college. At least a coordinator of SOMETHING. Preferably offense. NFL experience not required. Actually NO NFL experience please.

Oh, and I would like to see our next OC NOT a former offensive lineman. Especially one without coordinator on his resume.

Um, sorry Brian.

That would exclude Joe Philbin - who I think should definitely be considered.

I'm at the point that I don't want anyone that has been affiliated with Iowa in the past. Just start fresh. Sort of like we did with Hayden when we pulled him from North Texas and he had no affiliation to us. There are TONS of great coaching minds in the lower levels of D-1 that just need a shot. Guys like Mike Leach, Art Bryles and tons of other guys were at places like Morningside College, high schools, etc. Sometimes, guys just need to be given a shot.

Latest posts