Brian Ferentz OL Coach and Levar Woods LB Coach

Good to have Brian back. I'm guessing he picked up a thing or two from his old man and the short amount of time in the NFL.

It will be nice to get youth injected into our coaching staff. Brian and Levar should be motivated, aggressive recruiters who will operate smoothly in recruits living rooms. Blazek too if he is put on staff.

Good to have young blood injected into the coaching staff. They should bring some energy to coaching and recruiting.

nice to get a couple of bright hard working young guys on the staff. if the Blazek rumors are true he too would be a great addition as the TE coach. and lastly if the Moore rumors are true KF will have exceeded my wildest expectations.

Good moves... this will add some much needed youth to the program. And Brian's NFL experience enhances our "we put guys in the NFL" profile.

Rick just posted on Twitter: "Brian didn't beat around the bush talking about Iowa's end game clock management issues, was hoping I could find the audio to that" referring to pre-game interview the week he was honorary captain. Can anyone find this?? Would love to hear it.

I love it, if Brian doesn't agree with Kirk he won't feel pressured into not saying it. This could be great for the program.

Very pleased to hear of these moves. Two young, energetic,NFL schooled additions to our staff should be great! Congrats to both Brian and LeVar.
Now, get Tom Moore on board,and lets go out and shock the conference next year!

I agree that Brian will be able to talk to KF like no other coach,which is a good thing!

I think these two will be excellent coaches and cannot wait for them to hit the recruiting trail.

As others have state...it is nice to get some youth on the staff. Enthusiasm and excitement is something this program has needed for some time.

As others have state...it is nice to get some youth on the staff. Enthusiasm and excitement is something this program has needed for some time.

no doubt about it. we need some more coach K! he was excellent in his youth, enthusiasm and excitement! bravo!

Those photos in the Gazette article of both LeVar and Brian are cool.
How similar these two new coaches are"
Both Iowa natives.
Both were captains.
Both won all big ten honors.
Both won the Heartbeat Award.
Both had NFL careers.

That photo of Brian on Senior Day brings back memories of that 2004 PSU game at State College that Iowa won 6-4, on the week of KF's dad's passing and the shot at the end of the game with Brian and James hugging KF...now,Brian will be coaching James, with Steve on the roster also...Iowa football is truly a Ferentz family affair.

I think we all have our answer once and for all on KF's intentions to finish his coaching career at Iowa.

Latest posts