Brewster given extention, locals unhappy

xlakehawk

Minnesota Football Coach Tim Brewster was given a two year contract extention late Friday as reported by the StarTribune. Terms of the deal won't be released until he signs sometime next week but his present contract is worth $1 million annually. Judging by the comment section of the StarTribune article, Minnesotans are overwhelmingly unhappy with AD Joel Maturi's decision. Brewster has a 14-24 lifetime head coaching record in three seasons, 6-18 in Big Ten play including two consecutive shut out losses to the IOWA HAWKEYES. The Gophers are coming off consecutive 3-5 seasons in Big Ten play and have played in back-to-back Insight Bowls, losing both times to weak Big 12 opponents.

Brewster, U reach agreement on 2-year extension | StarTribune.com

It is great to have a nearly certain W at the end of the schedule. Kind of like having a great closer in baseball. Thank you Joe Maturi!

Brewster came out of the gate strong with local recruiting but the local coaches have not been impressed and you can already see the slippage in recruitng local players.

It is great to have a nearly certain W at the end of the schedule. Kind of like having a great closer in baseball. Thank you Joe Maturi!

Brewster came out of the gate strong with local recruiting but the local coaches have not been impressed and you can already see the slippage in recruitng local players.
Haven't you heard? They are going to land SH on Wednesday, which means they won't lose again until at least 2014!

Brewster has a much better coaching record than 14-24. He pretty much won that NC for Mack Brown. If I were Minnesota, I would lock him up for 5 years.

Brewster has a much better coaching record than 14-24. He pretty much won that NC for Mack Brown. If I were Minnesota, I would lock him up for 5 years.

Correct! According to the Goopher Football media gurus, Punky has an astounding record as "a coach," and the Goophers didn't even play Iowa the season before last. (55-0? Huh? What?)

Latest posts